RIVA S/C Washers

Received 3 New 2008 - Current Riva Spring washer kits today from jerry. RIVA SPEC shows the stack to be )))() With 22 Ft lbs on the Nut and the 2004 L ring they came it exactly 150inch lbs of slip. Not always the case with Seadoo washers.

+1
    And the point of this thread is???

Snoman I have stacked a few SEADOO Original washer kits up with the Torque slip # all over the place? some required .030 washer to get to the 150 inch number. the RIVA Spring washers are BINGO ..... the RIVA instructions Washer Stack )))() is a little different than the stk washers )()(). Is this Normal? or the Best set Up RIVA has came up with?? or has it changed again? You guys may be Way passed all this? and I have 2 skis that are running with X chargers & 42 injectors that I have No idea what way the Supercharger washers are stacked? However they came from the Factory.. we have 8 - 4 tech skis total. with many different supercharger set ups. Just looking for the Best results from many differnt spring washer mfgers & clutch washer mfgers... Riva Spring washers appear to be the BEST so far! Seems many diffent alloys & mfgers have been made for supercharger clutch washers in the last 10 years. What is your experience?

+1
    ( * ) ( * )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joe w View Post
    Snoman I have stacked a few SEADOO Original washer kits up with the Torque slip # all over the place? some required .030 washer to get to the 150 inch number. the RIVA Spring washers are BINGO ..... the RIVA instructions Washer Stack )))() is a little different than the stk washers )()(). Is this Normal?This is normal if your trying to obtain a desired slip number..I have used this configuration quite a bit on X chargers,This usually yields me a slp moment of around 145 inch lbs which on a stock ECU is about as perfect as your gonna get it... or the Best set Up RIVA has came up with?? or has it changed again? Washer configuration changes everytime you are looking to obtain a desired slip,there is no standard way to configure them except for the 2 outer washers,they have to stay the same BUT the 3 inners can be changed and configured to the outer 2 in order to reach your desired slip...You guys may be Way passed all this?LOL...Some of us that have been doing this for awhile have surpassed this...LOL..and I have 2 skis that are running with X chargers & 42 injectors that I have No idea what way the Supercharger washers are stacked?IF they came from the factory,they are stacked like this....()()(.. However they came from the Factory.. we have 8 - 4 tech skis total. with many different supercharger set ups. Just looking for the Best results from many differnt spring washer mfgers & clutch washer mfgers... Riva Spring washers appear to be the BEST so far! Seems many diffent alloys & mfgers have been made for supercharger clutch washers in the last 10 years. What is your experience?
    Actually the Riva spring washers are McMaster Carr washers,we have been using them for years now..They used to be excellent especially in the bigger chargers...Resently i have heard and read that they are not tha same as they used to be......I have yet to get an new order as mine have been holding up fairly well over the years....As far as clutches go,the Rivas are good,BUT the new OEM ones seem to be a tad bit better at holding slip once it has finally been set in......This Scer design is far from favorable BUT with the R&D that has evolved around them with the addition of metal clutches,viton seals and McMaster Carr sring washers,you can build a fairly reliable charger now compaired to a couple of years ago...kepp it maintained and the slip set and you should have a good charger under your ski...

+1
    The other problem is the L spacer.....its thinner or not as thick as they once were.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    The other problem is the L spacer.....its thinner or not as thick as they once were.
    Correct,BUT i have found with the older L collars and the Mc master Car washers it is hard not to lock up the shaft with that combination....IF you use the older spring washers it works better..BUT with the Mcmasters,its to much and yields slip numbers that are way to high if not they are locking up the shaft...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Correct,BUT i have found with the older L collars and the Mc master Car washers it is hard not to lock up the shaft with that combination....IF you use the older spring washers it works better..BUT with the Mcmasters,its to much and yields slip numbers that are way to high if not they are locking up the shaft...
    Yep, and its why S/Cer's should be rebuilt by people who have the experience and knowledge to do the job properly! How's that Scott? LOL!

9. +1 by:

+1
    perfect....LMAO...BUT true...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    This is true..... the New washers were meant to be used with the 2008 to later shallow L Ring. if you use the Ole style 04ish Deeper L ring the Slip will be too high or locked up when the shaft nut is torqued to 22ft lbs. Seadoo & others have used many different alloys in the last 10 years for clutch replacement parts.... Even though they wont sell you some of the parts from BRP by themselves. They do give a spec for min max width or thickness to make sure all the parts are in tolerence. To make sure the stack is correct height & you are in the ball park on clutch slippage....

Thread Information