Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

GoPro Head Mount (no helmet)?

I did search... saw a lot of threads about people mounting gopro on their ski ... also sticky vs suction (I've used sticky mounts with no problems fyi).

Q - How is everyone recording via gopro with a head mount w/no helmet? I see a ton of such vids on youtube.. but can't find any pictures of their setups (or how they tether?) ??? I have the gopro head strap (like linky below)... but I'm pretty sure after 1 jump it'd be flying off my head, it's not that secure.

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-GHDS30-H.../dp/B002PAX9QU
    Last edited by dckalop; 07-16-2014 at 09:38 PM.

+1
    I bought a head band mount. Meant to try last weekend but didn't. If I go out this weekend I will give it a try.

+1
    I did this entire race with the head band strap, not a single issue coming off. Some of the biggest walls that we jumped off of were 8-10ft, so I'd consider that pretty comparable to ski jumping/landing.
    You gotta be sure to tighten both the band that goes around your head AND on top of it.

And if you're jumping, all the force is when you land, the GoPro is gonna drop, not fly up.

+1
    Ok, I'll try the head band then. And I'm guessing just tether to my vest? I'll have to see if I have longer tether. Thanks

5. +1 by:

+1
    A longer tether and the floating back plate for it. That way it will at least float if it comes loose. The only thing is the microphone does not work well n the waterproof case.

+1
    http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/head-strap-mount

i have one and it works great. i do need to tether it and floaty back door it as well so i use it mainly at the pool. i have used it on on the water but i dont feel as comfortable with it yet until its tethered.

+1
    Ok.. looks like that head mount is the ticket. Thanks for info. / help. I report back after I test it out.

+1
    Wait, how are you guys using the floaty backdoor w/ the head strap? Since the floaty is so thick it hit my strap and pointed the camera down at like a 45* angle, needing me to look up to compensate, making it crazy uncomfortable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
    Wait, how are you guys using the floaty backdoor w/ the head strap? Since the floaty is so thick it hit my strap and pointed the camera down at like a 45* angle, needing me to look up to compensate, making it crazy uncomfortable.

you cant use it. i referenced it because i want it on there no matter where it mounted but with the headstrap it dust doesnt fit so a good tether would be the peace of mind i need.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
    +1. I use a small square of velcroe on the back door and the head mount to keep it in place. (camera is tethered to my life vest)
    I used the head mount for our trip around NYC. It stayed in place nicely through rough waters and a 74 mph run.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information