Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    09WhiteFzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dania beach FL
    Posts
    34
    +1
    2

    First jetski 2009 Yamaha FZR. Please help!!

    Hello to all and thank you for looking at my post. I recently purchased the jetski of my dreams and I would like to make it a bit faster. I'm mechanically inclined and can some work myself. Unfortunately I don't have much funds for expensive upgrades as my wife lost her job recently and I'm now maintaining my family. Can anyone give me any suggestions on low budget tricks that I may use? Thanks again for taking the time to read my post? BTW I love this forum it's very fun to read all the info you guys post.
    Thanks, Jay


  2. #2
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    Ribbon delete and cold air intake. After that it gets expensive (tune)

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Nitrous Oxide is the cheapest and fastest.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #4
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57
    Leave it stock.
    any upgrade costs much...
    more $$$ = more speed
    more speed = less reliability
    less reliability = more $$$

  7. +1 by:


  8. #5
    I'm with ale, leave it stock and let it rip. I'm at war with mine now and have half a mind to sell it.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #6
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,570
    +1
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by 09WhiteFzR View Post
    Hello to all and thank you for looking at my post. I recently purchased the jetski of my dreams and I would like to make it a bit faster. I'm mechanically inclined and can some work myself. Unfortunately I don't have much funds for expensive upgrades as my wife lost her job recently and I'm now maintaining my family. Can anyone give me any suggestions on low budget tricks that I may use? Thanks again for taking the time to read my post? BTW I love this forum it's very fun to read all the info you guys post.
    Thanks, Jay
    Sure, for starters, you can install my cheap air solution; mine was less than $40, you can see what I did here:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=139236&page=4

    Another thing is you want to swap out the intake grate; I suggest the R&D Aquavein; we have many hours on these; it's a great product that will give you better holeshot and better hookup in the chop; this is a really important mod because there are reports of the OEM intake grate possibly overstuffing or bucking, and causing injuries. I suggest doing this right away (you have been warned). Jerry sells these in the online store here:

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1120

    You can read more about the overstuffing problem here:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

    Another thing you can do is swap out the ride plate for a VX plate or even better would be Jim's modified version of the VX plate; anyway, these little mods alone can get you 3-4 mph in cooler weather which will usually be good enough to stay ahead of your buddies on stock setups. Our 2009 FZS have been flawless, they are great skis and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours. More here:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...urs+perfection

  11. +1 by:


  12. #7
    09WhiteFzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dania beach FL
    Posts
    34
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Ribbon delete and cold air intake. After that it gets expensive (tune)
    I forgot to mention that the jetski that I bought already has the ribbon delete and free flow exhaust. It also has no air intake at all just the small hose goes connected to the supercharger. I will need to get something done there. I don't want to take the chance of it sucking up any debris much less any water.

  13. #8
    09WhiteFzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dania beach FL
    Posts
    34
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpenracing View Post
    Nitrous Oxide is the cheapest and fastest.
    I don't think I will be going with NOS anytime soon. Lol thanks for the suggestion.

  14. #9
    09WhiteFzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dania beach FL
    Posts
    34
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    Leave it stock.
    any upgrade costs much...
    more $$$ = more speed
    more speed = less reliability
    less reliability = more $$$
    I agree but I know there has got to be a couple tricks that make the ski run not only a bit faster but more efficient as well. Thanks

  15. #10
    09WhiteFzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dania beach FL
    Posts
    34
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 09WhiteFzR View Post
    Hello to all and thank you for looking at my post. I recently purchased the jetski of my dreams and I would like to make it a bit faster. I'm mechanically inclined and can some work myself. Unfortunately I don't have much funds for expensive upgrades as my wife lost her job recently and I'm now maintaining my family. Can anyone give me any suggestions on low budget tricks that I may use? Thanks again for taking the time to read my post? BTW I love this forum it's very fun to read all the info you guys post.
    Thanks, Jay
    Sure, for starters, you can install my cheap air solution; mine was less than $40, you can see what I did here:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=139236&page=4

    Another thing is you want to swap out the intake grate; I suggest the R&D Aquavein; we have many hours on these; it's a great product that will give you better holeshot and better hookup in the chop; this is a really important mod because there are reports of the OEM intake grate possibly overstuffing or bucking, and causing injuries. I suggest doing this right away (you have been warned). Jerry sells these in the online store here:

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1120

    You can read more about the overstuffing problem here:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

    Another thing you can do is swap out the ride plate for a VX plate or even better would be Jim's modified version of the VX plate; anyway, these little mods alone can get you 3-4 mph in cooler weather which will usually be good enough to stay ahead of your buddies on stock setups. Our 2009 FZS have been flawless, they are great skis and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours. More here:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...urs+perfection
    I can't wait to read all this info! Thank you so
    much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help - 2009 Yamaha FZR Error Code 142
    By Sandman999 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2015, 03:51 PM
  2. Yamaha Techs please help
    By fxho in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 11:22 PM
  3. FS 2009 Yamaha FZR Pro-Stock Class Race Ski - LOW hours
    By Huter Boi in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 08:11 PM
  4. 2009 Yamaha FZR For sale
    By R rated in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
  5. Yamaha Techs...PLEASE Help Newbie !!!
    By tort9320g in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •