2004 FXHO impellor housing problem

Hi i have a standard housing as attached below, problem is the SS wear ring has expanded and now i have to replace it with this one
    http://jetskijunk.co.nz/en/186-yamah...g-gprfxvx.html
    problem is, is that the oem one does not have the water jacket like the original one does, can the oem one work without any problems at all? or should i take the SS wear ring out and fit a plastic one in instead? and keep the same part and not use an oem one..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fxho.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	336138
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0738.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	336139

+1
    water jacket ????? from what I see, they look the same except one is upside down

+1
    I get what he is saying. the description for the wear ring in the link he posted is for the 2000-up, but the photo is of a 99 down GP/waveventure wear ring. They probably just posted the wrong photo. But, since you're both in NZ. Just email or call to confirm before you buy.

As for swapping a plastic liner into your existing housing. It's not that easy. The plastic liner is thicker than the stainless and requires the housing to be bored larger to accept the plastic liner. There are a few companies in the states that will do this. But, the initial cost is almost the same as a new OEM replacement housing.

Thanks for the reply, the first pic show's one side and the other the other side, you can see the water jacket hole on the left side.it allows water to the filter on the side of the housing. the link i gave on here, said it fits the 2004 fxho.. but the question was. the oem part i am getting has no water jacket hole, they said the part i will get is and will fit the fxho at least the price has dropped from 330 to 300 so that's good for me
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fxhojacket hole.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	336166

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    I get what he is saying. the description for the wear ring in the link he posted is for the 2000-up, but the photo is of a 99 down GP/waveventure wear ring. They probably just posted the wrong photo. But, since you're both in NZ. Just email or call to confirm before you buy.

As for swapping a plastic liner into your existing housing. It's not that easy. The plastic liner is thicker than the stainless and requires the housing to be bored larger to accept the plastic liner. There are a few companies in the states that will do this. But, the initial cost is almost the same as a new OEM replacement housing.
    YES i have taken it to a workshop, and they said no way can i get it fixed for less than 300 bucks. they can take the wear ring out, but they and me do not know how rotten it is where it has corroded.so is a 50/50 on how good it is to save it. but yer have to get a new oem part, only way to get a gen part is from japan they said...got the oem part so will see what happens when i try to install it
    Last edited by Jetski_FisherNZ; 07-17-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Thread Information