Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

RXP-X 260 vs FZR

Hi guys,

Looking at 2013 or 2014 .. I hate the SC failures on my sea doo I had 2 by now.... thinking to go to Yamaha I love the Yamy R6 good engines etc. For jet ski I hear problems with pain, hull handling is bad comparing to sea doo, the intake grill that injures people, some clutch issues ... what about the Supercharger ? and the rebuild ..maintenance every 2 years is that true on Yami ?

Even all of those I still hear guys loving thier Yamaha and reliability etc.

Let me know,

Thanks

+1
    If you do get an FZR get the 2014 !! It's a great all around machine and if you leave it stock it will as reliable as an NA ski !!! There is no rebuild of the charger on the Yamaha like Seadoo and most of clutch failures are due to increase in boost ! I'm sure other more experienced Yamaha guys are going to chime in !! Good Luck !

I'm at 75 hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. My ski has Stage 1 upgrade on it! I had a little steering is off by dealer fixed it for free. I have been changing oil, filter, and spark plugs every 25hrs. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger but I finally took the risk and haven't regretted it yet. Love it so far. Way better than Yamahas. Seadoo Rules! Good Luck on your purchase!

+1
    Throw a leg over a 14 FZR. Put it into some high speed corners, just hold on tight. My 13 FZS corners no way near as hard

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by black96jetta View Post
    Hi guys,

Looking at 2013 or 2014 .. I hate the SC failures on my sea doo I had 2 by now.... thinking to go to Yamaha I love the Yamy R6 good engines etc. For jet ski I hear problems with pain, hull handling is bad comparing to sea doo, the intake grill that injures people, some clutch issues ... what about the Supercharger ? and the rebuild ..maintenance every 2 years is that true on Yami ?

Even all of those I still hear guys loving thier Yamaha and reliability etc.

Let me know,

Thanks
    RXPX is a beautiful ski, my big problem with BRP is they refuse to stand behind their product like Yamaha. Last time I checked, Sea-Doo was still refusing to offer a full 5 years on their warranty here in Florida. For me, that says a lot about their confidence in their own products.

Here is my experience on the Yamahas; now over 250 hrs each, so that's a combined 500+ trouble-free hours on the water...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...urs+perfection

7. +1 by:

+1
    wow thanks guys. 250 hours trouble free thats very rare on sea doo's

I'm in the same position on what ski I want to buy I'm waiting till winter to buy so I have some time but if I'm going leave the ski stock I think I'm going to go rxpx but if I'm going to mod the ski the 14 fzr is cheaper to get more speed

+1
    I think I decided myself to wait for winter as well. I heard at the boat show Sea doo offers 5 year warranty which is actually a big deal itself and I like the red combination of colours for 2014 on RXP X. Also they might come out with a new engine and SC design ..and who knows maybe I decide to go with Yamaha by then.

+1
    Had 312 hours on my previous Sea-Doo and had to change a sensor that went bad. That's it! Apparently Sea-Doo will not come out with a new engine and SC for 2015 - this was discussed in another thread... I got 4 years warranty on my RXP-X and I am happy with that. Now at 30 hours and I LOVE this machine. The latest Doo ARE reliable. The key is maintenance and it does cost more with Sea-Doo. So what.

12. +1 by:

+1
    The last two weeks on the lake, I towed four sea doos that died in the water. All newer non modded machines. They are no where near as reliable as a yamaha or even Kawasaki for that matter. Several reviews show that yamaha addressed the power and handling aspects of their machines in 2014.

Most people here on GH are maintenance freaks, but GH represents a small number of people with Skis. Yamaha will take a lot of abuse and keep asking for more. Good luck with your decision.

I may add sea doos are sharp looking and have some cool bells and whistles.
    Last edited by TRDRacing; 07-18-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information