Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

95 polaris slt 750 Carb Rebuild? Or just a cleaning?

Hey guys I am about to attempt my first carb rebuild or cleaning. I just need to know how i would know if it just needs a cleaning or a rebuild? I was having problems with it where i would try and rev it up but it wouldnt even try, it happened in a day of riding where it lagged reving up to start with but would eventually rev up high. i have read on the forum where people talk about the mfd display causing problems, but the screen hasnt been working for three weeks and it was running fine. Any ideas would help.

Thanks
    Owen

+1
    If you have the money Id just avoid doing the cleaning and rebuild it. Its not a terrible lot for the kits, and its a lot less frustration to do it once than to pull it, clean it, have it not be fixed, pull it again....etc.

+1
    If you want it reliable rebuild it. Get the Genuine Mikunit Kits. There are more than one place to get them. They run about $50 a carb, or $150 for the set. John Zigler at Watcon.com has the kits assembled with new needles and seats.

I have never heard of someone having continued carb related issues after rebuilding with Genuine Mikuni parts. Cleaning only, and/or rebuilding with aftermarket kits on the other hand is a different story.......

take my word for it, listen to these guys because they've helped me out tremendously, I used an aftermarket kit and it SUX, use only GENUINE MIKUNI PARTS..............

Thanks guys, just to make sure I'm buying the right thing I hope you wouldn't mind check this link. https://www.watcon.com/carb-rebuild-...lter_name=fuji

Quote Originally Posted by og35891 View Post
    Thanks guys, just to make sure I'm buying the right thing I hope you wouldn't mind check this link. https://www.watcon.com/carb-rebuild-...lter_name=fuji
    that's the one

the first thing I did when I got my ski was get a shop manual http://www.amazon.com/Clymer-Polaris...+repair+manual
    there's other places but I use amazon a lot..........

Ok I do have experience with cleaning and rebuilding carbs, just not these ones. is it pretty straight forward? What am I getting myself into? I have seen the links on that big google doc thing that shows how to rebuild them but let's get real they always make it look easy.

this is my first ski, never seen a mikuni carb before and it's pretty simple, I've had mine apart three times, the first time was to take a look and only cleaned them (should've rebuilt then), second time I used a cheap aftermarket kit ($45 for a kit to do all three) that tells you how cheap they are in every sense of the word, third time I rebuilt one that was leaking with a genuine mikuni kit, now I have two more mikuni kits coming to do the other two, these carbs are not bad to rebuild at all

Banned User
    +1
    You can just clean them if the internal rubber parts are soft and pliable. Old rubber parts can cause problems though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information