Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Data Logger setup help for iPhone

JUST got my data logger and cant even understand the first step.
    "BRP iphone.
    1. Connect to the BRPDIAG networking using the password: 1234567890123. The wifi connection must be a static connection"
    Not sure what this is, besides extremely vague and confusing. It goes on to specify using router IP's and a mask? Someone please help me get this started
    Last edited by WickedXP; 07-17-2014 at 12:12 PM.

+1
    If it is intranet connection you don't need router's IP. Try 255.255.255.0 for mask. I have 0 experience with this datalogger but computer and network work pays my bills

+1
    "You must specify an unused IP in the range of the wifi access point (eg 192.168.0.2) Specify a mask (255.255.255.0) DO NOT enter any router IP. Once connected to that wifi network, you can access other devices connected to the same wifi LAN (eg.192.168.)"
    I have 0 experience with networking and computer/internet stuff so this is all chinese to me. Seems a little technical for the average Joe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    "BRP iphone.
    1. Connect to the BRPDIAG networking using the password: 1234567890123. The wifi connection must be a static connection"
    Not sure what this is, besides extremely vague and confusing. It goes on to specify using router IP's and a mask? Someone please help me get this started
    Wait a sec.... Did you already "pair" this up in bluetooth first? Generally speaking, the BT password is 0000. YMMV

If they want a "static IP" (unclear why) then you set that on the iphone when connecting to your wifi (default is DHCP). Still isn't clear why you would need to be connected to any wifi since I'd rather connect to cell data so you can use/update it out in the field.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    "BRP iphone.
    Wait a sec.... Did you already "pair" this up in bluetooth first? Generally speaking, the BT password is 0000. YMMV

If they want a "static IP" (unclear why) then you set that on the iphone when connecting to your wifi (default is DHCP). Still isn't clear why you would need to be connected to any wifi since I'd rather connect to cell data so you can use/update it out in the field.
    I didn't pair it up yet. I'm trying to follow the terrible instructions, and what's funny is the bluetooth pairing is not even a step on the instructions I have. I sent a couple emails and pm's hoping to get some replies soon and get this installed.

I had the same problemm and Michael from Vtech helped me to be connected with detailed instructions .He is the best!Come in contact with him,as soon as you will be connected you will find it amazing!!!!!!!
    Check Engine

+1
    I sent a couple emails and pm's hoping to get some replies soon and get this installed.
    FYI: It's after midnight there now (6hrs ahead EST).

+1
    i'm pretty sure the iphone version uses the wifi and android uses bluetooth. Can you see the wifi signal on your iphone when you go into settings/wifi? if you can connect using that password and go to the little i next to the name and make sure you have the wifi set to static and not DHCP or BootP

+1
    "You must specify an unused IP in the range of the wifi access point (eg 192.168.0.2) Specify a mask (255.255.255.0) DO NOT enter any router IP. Once connected to that wifi network, you can access other devices connected to the same wifi LAN (eg.192.168.)"
    I have 0 experience with networking and computer/internet stuff so this is all chinese to me. Seems a little technical for the average Joe.
    No one is good at everything

that's why places like this exist

with two words - the router IP or gateway is needed in order to get access to the internet. For local network connections you need IP which is not used by another device and network mask. 255.255.255.0 is the most common for home use. With it you can see all the devices in the same subnet ex: 192.168.0.0-192.168.0.255. Some IP addresses are reserved for router IP and broadcast IP so don't pick very firs and very last IP's

if the network has DHCP server and your device has DHCP client /most have/ you do not have to enter IP' or masks - it is all done automatically by DHCP server. In order to be able to browse internet with URL's you will also need valid DNS server. Otherwise URL's won't be found but still can browse internet using IP' of the sites/servers.

I hope this helps a bit

PS: if you do not know which IP's are free in given network you can choose one over .150 but under .250 to be on a safe side. Most DHCP do not use this range of IP's /talking about consumer/home routers/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECK ENGINE View Post
    I had the same problemm and Michael from Vtech helped me to be connected with detailed instructions .He is the best!Come in contact with him,as soon as you will be connected you will find it amazing!!!!!!!
    Check Engine
    What steps were taken to get the app onto your iPhone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information