need Help deciding on a pair of Sea Doo's

I had a pair of Yamaha GP1300R wave runners stolen so I am looking to replace them. I will have around 10K for two PWC's. I am used to doing 68 miles per hour on the GP1300 R's but they are very heavy and hard to throw them around. I am looking for something different that is just as fast but more maneuverable. I ride mostly on lakes with light chop and in the river. I am looking for some advice thank you.

+1
    I don't think you're going to find anything that isn't just as heavy and still able to hit 67 MPH. You're limited to supercharged models if you want that kind of speed. You're looking at 2005 or 2006 skis if you want them both for $10,000 total.

+1
    You may want to consider buying one nice newer model.....used 2012 RXP-X or RXT-X or GTR and then maybe next year find a used Spark to beat on or a different used ski. See if the newer skis meet your fun factor. Some the Honda's weren't bad on the fun factor for jumping waves and just all around beating on them but they miss out on a lot of other areas, speed being one of them. If you need two nice ones right away I think you'll need to up the budget, otherwise your looking at mid 2000's skis (At best) that may end up costing you more if they haven't been properly maintained or even if with them being maintained. So you may want to consider spending another 5-6K and then you'll have a ton of very good choices with hopefully less issues.

Pretty much every ski made in the last 10 years is basically a boat. There fun still, but in a different way. Light now days (outside of the Spark) is 800lbs. Seadoo's T3 hull on 2012+ RXP-X's is easily the most energetic hull out there today for a full size watercraft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    You may want to consider buying one nice newer model.....used 2012 RXP-X or RXT-X or GTR and then maybe next year find a used Spark to beat on or a different used ski. See if the newer skis meet your fun factor. Some the Honda's weren't bad on the fun factor for jumping waves and just all around beating on them but they miss out on a lot of other areas, speed being one of them. If you need two nice ones right away I think you'll need to up the budget, otherwise your looking at mid 2000's skis (At best) that may end up costing you more if they haven't been properly maintained or even if with them being maintained. So you may want to consider spending another 5-6K and then you'll have a ton of very good choices with hopefully less issues.

Pretty much every ski made in the last 10 years is basically a boat. There fun still, but in a different way. Light now days (outside of the Spark) is 800lbs. Seadoo's T3 hull on 2012+ RXP-X's is easily the most energetic hull out there today for a full size watercraft.
    Did you even read his post?

Thread Information