Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Some Advice on a ski purchase

Well I've ridden jet skis a handful of times on vacation and been riding dirt/street bikes, quads, boats and snowmobiles my whole life, so now my buddy got one so its time for me to pull the trigger.

I am currently looking at a 2012 RXT is 260. I know its a lot of ponies for my first ski but I own and have owned many fast things and can handle the power because I value my bones. My concern is with the "is" suspension. Will it be a negative in any way. My riding will be varied from ocean to bays and large lakes. I like to have fun and want to know from experience how the "is" suspension impacts the ride. I don't care too much for smoothing out the ride if will effect how it handles, jumps, etc.

Any info would be helpful, as Im still not positive as to what I want to purchase. I was steered towards sea doo and heard and have owned BRP before but still am not 100%, except on the fact that im getting a PWC

thanks in advance
    Andrew

+1
    If you don't care about a smoother ride, there is no point in paying extra for the iS. How does the iS negatively impact the ride? It adds about 200 pounds of weight to the ski (which theoretically slows you down). How does the iS impact your sanity? It makes almost any engine work/maintenance a huge pain in the butt. If you aren't interested in the benefits of it, I wouldn't get it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    If you don't care about a smoother ride, there is no point in paying extra for the iS. How does the iS negatively impact the ride? It adds about 200 pounds of weight to the ski (which theoretically slows you down). How does the iS impact your sanity? It makes almost any engine work/maintenance a huge pain in the butt. If you aren't interested in the benefits of it, I wouldn't get it.
    Ya I did not seek out the feature, like I said I don't really want it. I also shouldnt say I dont care about a smoother ride, its just its not one of my main concerns. 200lbs added to skis, doesnt sound too good. but it just so happens I have a family friend who will sell me the 2012 rxt is for a great price

+1
    i thought the IS actually had a rougher ride cause you were bouncing up and down more

+1
    for the rough stuff, a Kawi 300x/310 would be the best ride and is a lot of fun being able to maintain speed in the rough. handling is not as good as the T-X, though. If you are set on the doo, just get a RXTX no suspension. suspension adds a lot of weight and won't really help you much in the rough like you are thinking.

+1
    The (is) ski does make a Big difference in the rough IMO , and it only weighs 115 pounds more then the rxtx , is it harder to work on? yes it is , but if you can wrench its not that bad to work on.

+1
    I found a RXT X 2013 and a RXP X 2012 for sale for similar prices. What are the main differences between the two models? thanks for the replies

+1
    rxtx 3 seater rxpx 2 seater

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Totally different hull. T is a 3 seater s3 hull. P is a 2 seater t3 hull.

+1
    So the RXT X would be the way id go. Id want the big chop capabilities of the s3 hull

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information