Fresh Build No Start

Fresh Build on an 02 XLT 1200 from crank up including carbs. The carbs were built to OSide Bills spec with removing the accelerator pump and better jetting. What I can't get past is the ski will not start and I have 120 across the board good spark. Made sure the fuel is getting through the carbs by pulling the return line and turning the engine over until fuel came out. I put some premix into the cylinders and it doesn't even want to hit. Turns over fine with plenty of speed.

Is there anything inside the carbs that would not allow the engine to start even though I have fuel, fire and compression? This is not my first build had plenty that were successful, but this one is really kicking my but.

so it won't fire even with pouring fuel points to a weak/no spark issue I would assume. since you're getting fuel and have compression. what color spark is being seen when you test? if it's and orange colored spark that's a weak spark. strong spark will be blue/white.

Blue spark. I went back and checked the gap on the plugs and it was tight. Regapped and the spark seem to get better, but the starter just stopped from being abused all day I guess. Gonna slap another starter on in the morning and see what happens.

+1
    New plugs? Are they wet after cranking ? Do you have the plug wires on in the correct order ?

Turned out to be a weak stator. It was firing just real weak.

Thread Information