+1

RIVA stage 1 kit ride plate

hey guys, recently purchased the riva stage 1 kit, and the ski porpoised A LOT! i have seen a previous post regarding same issue but there wasnt a reply for a fix for that, apparently it was said it is the ride plate that is causing the porpoise @ high speed..My question is..how do you go about setting up the plate? should the rear be flushed with the intake grate??

+1
    deleted.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicor6 View Post
    hey guys, recently purchased the riva stage 1 kit, and the ski porpoised A LOT! i have seen a previous post regarding same issue but there wasnt a reply for a fix for that, apparently it was said it is the ride plate that is causing the porpoise @ high speed..My question is..how do you go about setting up the plate? should the rear be flushed with the intake grate??
    you want the front of the plate to be about 50 thousands higher than the transom plate, and you can add 50 thousands shims in the back that will help with the porpoise.

+1
    You used the factory plates correct? Also use the supplied shims if it came with them. My Riva plate did not come with shims. Shim the rear of the plate as stated above.

+1
    Second that, shim up the rear of the ride plate to create more lift on the transom or bolt your stocker back, those modded plate sucks, my buddy almost fell off from his bouncing ski at 65 mph.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Don't think he stated he had a modded plate. Just a stock riva one.

+1
    I'm running an R&D plate on mine. Just bolted up with no shims it porpoised a decent amount at high speed. I put the stock shims on and added a stainless steel fender washer under each of the rear bolts and it is much better. When you shim the plate make sure you have enough threads. You may have to order longer bolts, depending how much you shim the plate. I usually get stainless allen head bolts from McMaster.

+1
    Yeah, I kept the stock shims that came with the ski as riva stated, and 2 more shims provided with the plate @ the rear..It porpoise a LOT

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicor6 View Post
    you want the front of the plate to be about 50 thousands higher than the transom plate, and you can add 50 thousands shims in the back that will help with the porpoise.
    that is how much in mm sir?

Thread Information