Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Menifee, CA
    Posts
    54
    +1
    1

    Sea Doo Wake 155 Purchase

    New here obviously, but very happy to find a forum that is all about PWC. Quick question about buying a Sea Doo Wake 155. What should I reasonably expect to pay for one out the door here in SoCal? Also the "set-up" fee most places charge is it really realistic at $1460 on top of MSRP? I'm researching trailers now as well, but that seems like a rabbit hole for another thread. The Sea Doo will be used primarily in salt water as well.


  2. #2
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Do you actually plan on using this ski for wakeskating? Because if you don't, you can get the same 155 ski for a lot less money. I never understood the appeal behind a Sea Doo Wake to be honest. You can expect the extra cost of the Wake model and maybe some dealer/prep fees. If you try hard enough or wait til off-season, you might be able to get those waived.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Menifee, CA
    Posts
    54
    +1
    1
    Yeah we plan on using it for all the water sports possible. Mostly just dragging a tube and some skiers. Right now the local dealership is offering the wake 155 for $11,963 out the door. No trailer though.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Menifee, CA
    Posts
    54
    +1
    1
    2,993 for a double triton trailer out the door. We are looking at double trailers so when we buy another ski we only have to price the new ski.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cape May
    Posts
    626
    +1
    17
    Sounds like your pricing a dual axle 2 place triton, single axle 2 place triton is plenty for 2 full size 3 seaters

  6. #6
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by LETTERMAN52 View Post
    Yeah we plan on using it for all the water sports possible. Mostly just dragging a tube and some skiers. Right now the local dealership is offering the wake 155 for $11,963 out the door. No trailer though.
    $12,000 for a Wake 155 is just too much money. You could get a left over 260 HP ski for less than that. If you wanted to look at other brands, you could get a left over 2012 Kawasaki 300x for $10,500. All skis will pull a tuber the same and all skis will basically pull a skier the same. The Wake is really only beneficial when it comes to wake skating. Water skiing and wake boarding behind a ski is not very fun.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Menifee, CA
    Posts
    54
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LETTERMAN52 View Post
    Yeah we plan on using it for all the water sports possible. Mostly just dragging a tube and some skiers. Right now the local dealership is offering the wake 155 for $11,963 out the door. No trailer though.
    $12,000 for a Wake 155 is just too much money. You could get a left over 260 HP ski for less than that. If you wanted to look at other brands, you could get a left over 2012 Kawasaki 300x for $10,500. All skis will pull a tuber the same and all skis will basically pull a skier the same. The Wake is really only beneficial when it comes to wake skating. Water skiing and wake boarding behind a ski is not very fun.
    Yeah 12k seemed like a lot of money for just the one ski to the wife and me as well. The only reason we were drawn to the wake 155 was our friend has a 2013 sea doo wake and it's all we have riden. We like the build quality, storage, power, and ease of use for the display and settings. As for the trailer I think we are going to try to find a used dual triton. Once again 3k for a trailer seemed excessive.

  8. #8
    Just buy a lightly used one and save the $8,000-9,000.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Menifee, CA
    Posts
    54
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    Just buy a lightly used one and save the $8,000-9,000.

    Looking at the GTS 130 and a spark now. I shy away from used. I've just never had a good experience. Plus I'm paranoid of getting stuck out in the ocean.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Menifee, CA
    Posts
    54
    +1
    1
    So here's the plan now:

    2014 Sea-Doo GTS™ 130

    2014 Sea-Doo Spark 2 Up Rotax 900 H.O. ACE

    Reading up on both of them
    now. I never thought it would be so hard to buy something like this. Not to mention actually finding a trailer for salt water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mission Control: 2015 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 02:00 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM
  3. FS 2007.2004. 2002 custom Hull, 2007 155 Sea Doo Wake
    By icedog10 in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 12:32 PM
  4. 2009 Wake 155 vs 2010 Sea doo gti 155
    By newspeed in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
  5. Did I damage the Sea Doo wake 155
    By bluesky6 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •