Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Small Issue 2008 Kawasaki 250x

So I have one small quirk to fix on the ski I just bought. If I try to accelerate from a dead stop to WOT it starts to accelerate the hesitates for a few seconds, then continues to reach max RPM's. It hits 7350 RPM's but the weather has been a tad hot so that seems about right. Also the boost gauge has been reading 10PSI. I'm at 170hrs, so maybe I need to check the slip on my S/C Belt? Any ideas? Thanks!

+1
    belt slip, boost leaks, or too much prop cleaerance.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I'm getting my tensioner tool on Monday. What's the specs and how do I check it? I'm guessing a boost leak would be most likely a leaking gasket for the intake manifold? Do I have to pull the pump to check the clearance?

5. +1 by:

+1
    boost leak can be a loose hose clamp on any of the boost hoses from the s/c outlet to the throttle body, my guess is the prop though, you guys over there seem to use them as dredges alot. basic test if you can see light around the prop blades its worn.

+1
    Okay, I'll do some checks on the hoses tomorrow. If that's not good, I'll pull it out of the water and inspect the prop. If it's the prop is there a better aftermarket one available? Thanks!

+1
    This might help my diagnoses, if I let the throttle go from speed it'll stall sometimes instead of going back to idle. However if I gently release the throttle I go back to idle no problem. Might be related to my problem might be a separate issue. Going to check everything tomorrow as I took it out of the water last night

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    This might help my diagnoses, if I let the throttle go from speed it'll stall sometimes instead of going back to idle. However if I gently release the throttle I go back to idle no problem...
    The only time Ive seen this was on friend's 09 Ultra LX. Acceleration was fine but when you let go or backed off throttle engine would die. It was actually quite dangerous in big chop. Turned out to be major problem. But, it was 100% of time while riding and I think you are saying yours is intermittent. Maybe its something simple like bad gas, or water in tank, or throttle cable. Lets hope someone may know. If no one does though, you may have to go chat with seller. Did you notice this right away or did it start a few hours into it?

+1
    What was the major problem? Mine only happens sometimes not all the time.. If I ease into idle I never stall. If I let go sometimes I do sometimes I don't. The problem went away for a bit but the more hours I put on it the more it has gone away. At one point it fully went away but it came back again just today. Shouldn't be water in gas or bad gas as I've been filling up with fresh 91 everytime. Could be the throttle cable. I'll contact the seller if it's something serious.

+1
    what is your idle speed? have you replaced the spark plugs?

+1
    1350 and it's smooth

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information