Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fx svho speeds

Fx svho speeds

Just trying to see what everyone is getting speed wise on this ski. Im at 5 hours and did 70mph with half tank of gas. 270lb rider and after a day of riding. 93 degree water. Very hot. Im able to beat my friends fzr with intake and ribbon delete and foam inserts removed. And that was in the ocean on a flat day. Very light chop

+1
    Was the FZR an SVHO? Sounds like an SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Was the FZR an SVHO? Sounds like an SHO.
    Yes it was a sho

+1
    I can get 110 km/hr (68.5mph) gps on fresh water at 3000' AMSL. That's about 9% engine performance detriment for the altitude, getting 7500-7600 rpm stock dash. Pump will also have 4% less mass flow thru it and hull 4% lower in water due to fresh water/reduced buoyancy.

So I reckon it's about equivalent to your result. Haven't taken this one into saltwater/sea level yet, but the other skis have always delivered nice, noticeable performance increases when I did....

Sadly, it's winter here so no one to play with for comparison... I get the feeling once they see what this is they're not gunna either...

+1
    Awesome speed but tell us how does it feel being able to go wot thu chop and not have to be hanging over the handle bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    Awesome speed but tell us how does it feel being able to go wot thu chop and not have to be hanging over the handle bars?
    Coming from an fzr and fzs it feels great! Huge difference between the fz series ( ive had 2 one 2014 and 2013) and the new fx. If I only rode in a lake I would've stuck with the fzr but I ride in the ocean and the fzr just beats me up.

Quote Originally Posted by zone5 View Post
    I can get 110 km/hr (68.5mph) gps on fresh water at 3000' AMSL. That's about 9% engine performance detriment for the altitude, getting 7500-7600 rpm stock dash. Pump will also have 4% less mass flow thru it and hull 4% lower in water due to fresh water/reduced buoyancy.

So I reckon it's about equivalent to your result. Haven't taken this one into saltwater/sea level yet, but the other skis have always delivered nice, noticeable performance increases when I did....

Sadly, it's winter here so no one to play with for comparison... I get the feeling once they see what this is they're not gunna either...
    Put on a wetsuit and ride! I was very happy with the mph I got. Felt like I couldve gone 71 if the ski wasnt so hot. And temp outside wasnt in the 90! Love this ski

+1
    So you went FX this time. I am thinking of waiting a couple more weeks and seeing what the 2015 release looks like before I make my replacement purchase.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifzs2013 View Post

Put on a wetsuit and ride! I was very happy with the mph I got. Felt like I couldve gone 71 if the ski wasnt so hot. And temp outside wasnt in the 90! Love this ski
    Yeah, I'm out there, it's just a bit lonely! Even when others do start turning up they are usually on older skis so they get a bit intimidated by supercharged Yamaha's. My wetsuit beanie is having some some difficulty staying on at WOT too... Definitely feel very satisfied with this ski.

On a more serious note I have to exercise some caution as during the week I can have the entire lake to myself. Long and meandering I could have issues if I spent a while injured in the water (wetsuit notwithstanding ) at 13 degC water temp and 8 degC air, or had a breakdown. Was less of a concern when my wife and I went out together on our own skis. Going to get a SPOT I think, and fortunately have mobile phone coverage for the most part.

Was lucky when the water line line came off I had just opened the throttle and was still only 500 m from the campground, had I been up in the backwaters it would have been a long wait (I do leave a SAR time with the missus, luckily we only live 5 min away). Eventually a fisherman came out and towed me in, a bit undignified, I had some concerns too as he'd actually had a fair few beers!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    So you went FX this time. I am thinking of waiting a couple more weeks and seeing what the 2015 release looks like before I make my replacement purchase.
    Yea man way better ride then fzr! All my buddies switching over to fx aswell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information