Supercharger Update

After seeing a Pile of SEADOO SUPERCHARGER shafts at a dealer that they have just push out of the rear of the old seadoo superchargers with the clutch end still assembled...... Got me to thinking Why does SEADOO Not assemble the clutch end of the Shaft before they ship the Update Shaft kit. They do it on a Supercharger assembly... If all parts are New & the parts are in specs the Max Slip is going to be the Same Everytime... I understand some may still not be able to Install the update kit with sucess. But many would be able to... & it would resolve the Washer stack up Questions & the dealing with 40 needle brgs..
    Last edited by joe w; 07-21-2014 at 09:37 PM.

+1
    No thanks, I'd much rather assemble my own or have a pro do it than have BRP touch it. Especially with bigger wheels and/or higher rpm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joe w View Post
    After seeing a Pile of SEADOO SUPERCHARGER shafts at a dealer that they have just push out of the rear of the old seadoo superchargers with the clutch end still assembled...... Got me to thinking Why does SEADOO Not assemble the clutch end of the Shaft before they ship the Update Shaft kit. They do it on a Supercharger assembly... If all parts are New & the parts are in specs the Max Slip is going to be the Same Everytime... I understand some may still not be able to Install the update kit with sucess. But many would be able to... & it would resolve the Washer stack up Quesrions & the dealing with 40 needle brgs..
    Because the impeller nut has to be torqued first!
    If you torque the clutch side nut first you risk pushing the sleeve up the shaft causing the oil hole to mis align.

Thread Information