Virage TXi, way to easily monitor EMM cooling line

I'm trying to figure a way that I can easily monitor the EMM cooling line so I can always check it when I want to. The hoses are rather difficult to pull off so I'm thinking maybe a clear tube inline to be able to see water flow (but you may not be able to see the water?), or do you think you can install a pisser or something and monitor it that way? I want to get mine almost dummy proof before I get it back in the water. Thanks all.

Edit - I haven't rode this ski very much at all, but I don't think you can look back and see the EMM water outlet. Does it mix in with another water source??

Banned User
    +1
    Connect the water outlet from the emm to an external pisser. A few have done this. Then you can always see if its flowing water.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Connect the water outlet from the emm to an external pisser. A few have done this. Then you can always see if its flowing water.
    Thanks. This was my favorite option, but wanted to see if anyones done it. Cool!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Thanks. This was my favorite option, but wanted to see if anyones done it. Cool!
    I have not yet installed a pisser on my Virage TXi but I now have two on my MSX 140. Search for pisser among my posts.

The trick is to locate the pisser such that the spray is not annoying, particularly on a windy day or when riding close to another watercraft. I located both pissers on the MSX towards the rear, one on each side, just above the rub rail. I used 90 degree water exit fittings so the flow runs along the sides, not spraying out sideways.

The water flow and pressure through the EMM at idle RPM is modest. At speed the flow and pressure is strong enough to extend out a couple of meters.

An extreme example can be seen with Keddano and his MSXtreme (which is very much not stock). There is video posted on here somewhere, looks like a fire boat going by...

Thread Information