Low rpms at wot?

I have a ultra250x and since rebuilt I'm only getting up to 7000ish rpms and around 60mph. I can hit higher rpms out of water. Where do I look?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    check the belt... it may be loose and you might have to adjust the tension on it. after its check all the boost hoses and make sure they are fastened securely. after that check the bov to make sure it is functioning properly

I also notice that it doesn't have much power and the supercharger doesn't wine til it warms up

Where is the blow off valve located?

Ok I located the bov? Will I feel air leaking if the bov or relief valve are leaking? It bothers me that it doesn't have much power at start up like it use to

Quote Originally Posted by marvin willis View Post
    Ok I located the bov? Will I feel air leaking if the bov or relief valve are leaking? It bothers me that it doesn't have much power at start up like it use to
    First time I handled BOV at dealer I dropped it on floor and it cracked. I thought it was funny until dealer said it was $350 to replace. I recall that a large percentage of the BOVs leaked prematurely when tested privately in 08 or 09 timeframe. I guess that could be your problem but easy way to find out is to tighten BOV screw or buy block off and then ride. Did you check all the other usual suspects, plugs, fouled ic, airhorn pressed against hull? How many hours on ski, salt or fresh, did you ever fog sc and ever had GIO?

104 hrs. 6 since rebuild. Don't know about fogging. Shop winter and springizes it. I know they fog the motor. As far as the air horn. Where is that and what does it do? I'm good with a wrench, just haven't tore into this ski

Quote Originally Posted by marvin willis View Post
    104 hrs. 6 since rebuild. Don't know about fogging. Shop winter and springizes it. I know they fog the motor. As far as the air horn. Where is that and what does it do? I'm good with a wrench, just haven't tore into this ski
    The air intake is located in the engine compartment up front and on the right. There is a black rubber airhorn or trumpet that can fall off or work loose and press up against hull (may have to be siliconed in place). When that happens, engine may choke for lack of air. Its easy to check with a flashlight.

Thread Information