Electrical Problem?

Great site!! Thanks in advance for any advice. My 2006 fx cruiser ho is dropping back to idle on me randomly at high speeds. Its enough to make you crap your pants and almost send you over the handle bars. It drops to idle then I start right back up and go. The ski is not running rough, idles and cruises fine which makes me think it is an electrical problem somewhere not the gas. Already put new plugs in, old ones were in alright shape. My mechanic told me to unplug the actuator and check the connection, only problem is I'm not sure where that is and can't seem to find anywhere online telling me about it for my model.

+1
    some years ago... same problem on a seadoo xp. only poor battery connection. check battery cable and connection.

Checked them already but will break them down and inspect more carefully.

+1
    Best thing is start going through the electrical system, unplug and inspect including fuses.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmabry View Post
    My mechanic told me to unplug the actuator and check the connection, only problem is I'm not sure where that is and can't seem to find anywhere online telling me about it for my model.
    Can only think he is referring to the fly by wire system on later ski's.......you're ski has a throttle cable, so if all linkages are working OK, should not cause you a problem. The air bypass motor is a type of actuator.....he may be referring to that, but have never heard of it causing a problem like you are having. Is it dropping back to idle, or cutting out all together then catching again?

I never lose power, by the time I make sure I am still on the ski and not skidded sideways I am idling. It might cut out and back on again and I just don't notice it, but I never have to restart. I just hit the throttle and it gets back up.

Thread Information