Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Go Pro mounting question

I just picked up a Go Pro camera and want to mount it on my 2006 GTX SC. Anyone know where best to attach the mounts that came with the Silver? I would like to have a mount on the front and back. Are there better mounts that someone has found? Any help is appreciated...

+1
    suction cup mount... just make sure you use a lanyard in case the suction cup fails. so far mine hasn't let go, but you never know!

Do you just mount it to the plastic over the gauges or where is the best place for the front mount?

+1
    see my pics in this thread..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211086

with the front mount i now have 2 of the small pivot arms so it wont be as tall. i prefer to have it level with the ski. others like to use the J hook buckle so it will be slightly tilted.

as for the rear where i put mine was not the best spot. i should have moved it close to the rear platform to be able to use a screwdriver to tighten it. i fixed that issue with getting a wrench that fits the knobs on ebay for about 6 bucks.

Thanks.... I was wondering where best to install it. I will give it a try this afternoon. Thanks for sending me your link.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

with the front mount i now have 2 of the small pivot arms so it wont be as tall. i prefer to have it level with the ski. others like to use the J hook buckle so it will be slightly tilted.

as for the rear where i put mine was not the best spot. i should have moved it close to the rear platform to be able to use a screwdriver to tighten it. i fixed that issue with getting a wrench that fits the knobs on ebay for about 6 bucks.
    I know I'm idiot... but what does the wrench do? Where you not able to tighten it enough by hand or was there not enough room to tighten by hand? I saw you mention wrench in the other thread but when I looked it up I just thought it was cool bling? Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dckalop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

I know I'm idiot... but what does the wrench do? Where you not able to tighten it enough by hand or was there not enough room to tighten by hand? I saw you mention wrench in the other thread but when I looked it up I just thought it was cool bling? Thanks
    its just for getting it good and snug. where that one is on the rear i can only hand tighten it so much just not enough room to get my gorilla hands in there. i like to have just a little extra twist and couldn't do that. the wrench takes care of it.

+1
    Ok.. thanks !

I put one on with a sticky mount today. I put it on the side of the hull, under the rear handle so that it wouldn't get torn off by the tube rope... Luckily we put a zip tie around the handle as well, because the sticky mount let go after about an hour.

I'm going to try the suction cup mount next time and see if that works better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    I put one on with a sticky mount today. I put it on the side of the hull, under the rear handle so that it wouldn't get torn off by the tube rope... Luckily we put a zip tie around the handle as well, because the sticky mount let go after about an hour.

I'm going to try the suction cup mount next time and see if that works better.
    Did you clean the surface before? Let the mount cure to the hull for 24 hours like you're suppose to? Never had a sticky mount fail before, its almost like they are bolted on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information