Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Help Pontoon + 2 jet ski with only 1 tow truck

I can't find a SINGLE picture with pontoon + 2 jet ski all together on one trailer.

Any such pic exist ?

I know there plenty boats / PWC trailers combo pics out there... none for Pontoon + 2 skis.

+1
    Nobody? Well... either it can't be done ... or it's never been done ? Pontoon boat + 2 jet ski's on 1 tow... I got couple ideas, and I can weld.... Hmmmmm

+1
    My dad had a friend who welded a hitch to the back of a 20ft boat's trailer, and had a 2 place trailer attached to that. His tow vehicle was a suburban, so it definitely can be done! And it looks pretty legit at the same time.

+1
    Tandom (double) tow rig? How'd he back that in ramp ... or did he drop 1 and then launch and rehook etc. ?

I was trying to find a picture of something like this (hope link copy/paste works) BUT with a PONTOON boat.... a picture would sure help but I can't find a single one.

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/P...d-one-boat.jpg

+1
    Yes- he towed one attached to the other, and launched as you described by unhooking etc. the rig you are showing looks to be a long single trailer- with a maybe 16 ft boat on it which is probably several feet shorter than your pontoon. Depending on the length of your pontoon, you could possibly do something similar but it wouldn't be cheap. You would require probably a custom built trailer In excess of 30 ft to get them on the same trailer. Pontoons aren't typically measured including the engine, so get a full length measurement of the boat with motor, and then add the length of the skis (leaving space in between for a winch/hookup) and see where you're at. By time you add a tongue length you will probably be fairly long. I am sure they make something long enough, but you'll have to have it set up for your purpose. Probably cost more than the waverunners. You may consider doing as I had mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by dckalop View Post
    Tandom (double) tow rig? How'd he back that in ramp ... or did he drop 1 and then launch and rehook etc. ?

I was trying to find a picture of something like this (hope link copy/paste works) BUT with a PONTOON boat.... a picture would sure help but I can't find a single one.

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/P...d-one-boat.jpg

+1
    Let me know what you come up with for lengths because now I'm curious!! Good luck!

+1
    Boat is 24.5' from tip to tip w/engine. Yea, it's going to be more trouble and expense than its worth, like your saying. I'm thinking to just double tow when we have too. Even with that I'll have to run a fairly long custom tongue from rear of pontoon trailer into PWC trailer because of engine sticking out so far.

+1
    Your best bet is contacting Shadow Trailers. They make amazing custom trailers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slbt_front.jpg 
Views:	9905 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	337485

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dckalop View Post
    Boat is 24.5' from tip to tip w/engine. Yea, it's going to be more trouble and expense than its worth, like your saying. I'm thinking to just double tow when we have too. Even with that I'll have to run a fairly long custom tongue from rear of pontoon trailer into PWC trailer because of engine sticking out so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combo-trailer-for-two-jet-skis-and-one-boat.jpg 
Views:	9197 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	337487

With really long trailers the launch ramp slope can become an issue. Many ramps do not extend very far below the water surface, just long enough for a conventional trailer.

And the crest where the ramp transitions to level ground can cause a really long trailer to bottom out halfway between the trailer wheels and the hitch.

+1
    Have you thought of a 6 place jet ski trailer with the pontoon on the rear part and the skis on the front. That should be long enough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information