Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to PWC and looking to make my first purchase!

Hello! I'm Shelby and I'm new to the forums.
    I started riding my buddies 2012 Sea Doo GTI 130's and I feel in love with them. Finally I decided I wanted to purchases my own.
    However I'm interesting in possibly getting a supercharged model. I've found a 2012 RXP-X with 144 hours on it for 7,799. The dealer said it was checked out by their mechanics and the whole deal. I'm going to check it out next week. I'm just looking for any sort of wisdom to help me along my first purchase. My price range is 7-11k.
    I find my friends skis rather fun but I've always been a speed junky. I don't want to purchase a ski and a month later wish i was going faster.

P.s I'll be doing all of my riding in the Gulf of Mexico. And some tow sports as well. I'm open to any machine Sea Doo. I love their styling.

+1
    You can't go wrong with a Px. See if they have its service record and go from there. Good luck!

+1
    You will probably need the RXT-X since you're going to be towing. The PX is a 2-seater and the TX is a 3-seater. It is required in most places that you have someone facing backwards when towing. Plus, the TX should actually be better in the Gulf.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    You will probably need the RXT-X since you're going to be towing. The PX is a 2-seater and the TX is a 3-seater. It is required in most places that you have someone facing backwards when towing. Plus, the TX should actually be better in the Gulf.
    It's three seater version! I'm just worried about the high hours. Should that be a cause for alarm? The shop said it was owned by a lady in her 30's early 40's and she turned it in for something slower.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_Edmonds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    It's three seater version! I'm just worried about the high hours. Should that be a cause for alarm? The shop said it was owned by a lady in her 30's early 40's and she turned it in for something slower.
    A lady who put 144 hours on it in about 2 years?! Yet wants something slower now? Sounds fishy to me. I highly doubt the dealer rebuilt the supercharger too...ask to see records for that. 3 seater version? wtf There is no 3 seater version of that ski. Do you have a link to the ski from the dealer website?

+1
    too many hours dont buy it . you can find a lot less hours somewhere else. better may more now than later.. I learned my lesson.

+1
    The hours aren't really an issue. Get ALL of the service records. Make sure the SC was rebuilt around the 100hr mark. If not, it needs to be rebuilt before you ride it. Lots of dealers either talk shit to make a sale or legitimately have no idea what they're talking about. Don't take their word for it.

+1
    http://www.actionkawasakiyamaha.com/...p=1&s=Year&d=D

This is the ski I am looking to buy.
    It's not a 3 seater. You will not be able to legally waterski or tow anybody.

+1
    http://www.actionkawasakiyamaha.com/...p=1&s=Year&d=D

This is the ski I am looking to buy.
    There is almost no way to compare the performance of the PX to a GTI 130. The PX is vastly better. It is a two seater, Leave the towing to the GTI as you blast by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information