+1

video gurus... calibration question

this will be delivered saturday to replace my plasma that has crapped out under warranty.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65H7150AFXZA

wondering what the best way to calibrate it to get an optimal picture. i know i can get blu ray discs for it but any specific one?

from what ive read about the remote control it SHOULD work with my HTIB which is a 3d blu ray player and 1100w receiver.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    this will be delivered saturday to replace my plasma that has crapped out under warranty.

wondering what the best way to calibrate it to get an optimal picture. i know i can get blu ray discs for it but any specific one?

from what ive read about the remote control it SHOULD work with my HTIB which is a 3d blu ray player and 1100w receiver.
    Just turn it on and watch it! In other words...I have no idea.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

Just turn it on and watch it! In other words...I have no idea.
    hahah yeah.. thats what i usually do but with this one thought i might try to take advantage of what it can do. built in settings are fine im sure.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Get on AVSForum, search that model and see if somebody posted their calibration that you can try.

Most new TV's come with their own guide to setup the picture the way you like it. Samsung has a thing called Motion Plus or Auto Motion. You will want to turn it off because it makes the picture look like its underwater. If you want it setup to the ISF calibration, you can google the part number and ISF setup. But at the end of the day, only you can say what looks best.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Get on AVSForum, search that model and see if somebody posted their calibration that you can try.

was reading through there yesterday. forgot the model number of the TV so i didnt find specifics but i have it now.

+1
    tv is set up and freaking amazing. i left it for now with the settings out of the box. it feel like the actors are right in front of me and not on a TV. setting up ARC was simple and everything runs though it automatically. i have not programmed anything into the remote and it can shut off and turn on the home theater system which is awesome. i was thinking i would need to get a harmony remote to control everything and now i dont think that will be needed.

+1
    tv is set up and freaking amazing. i left it for now with the settings out of the box. it feel like the actors are right in front of me and not on a TV. setting up ARC was simple and everything runs though it automatically. i have not programmed anything into the remote and it can shut off and turn on the home theater system which is awesome. i was thinking i would need to get a harmony remote to control everything and now i dont think that will be needed.
    Nice. Isn't it weird these days when you get a new TV you actually have to get used to how it looks? Some serious mind melting going on with this shit. lol

Thread Information