+1

01 Virage Txi runs for 5 min then cuts off

I have a 01 Virage Txi that runs for 5 to 10 min then cuts off. It starts right up then will do the same thing over and over. The person that took it out also said there was a over heat message on the display. I will be checking the water lines to make sure they are hooked up right and run water through it for 1 or 2 min to see if I have any leaks. Will also blow air through the EMM lines and the water lines to make sure they are clear. I will take the water rail end part off to see if there is any blockage. Could it be the 2 15 amp circuit breakers that just are old and shorting out that cause it to cut off? Would the TPS make the ski do this? Maybe it's not a over heating problem at all?
    Last edited by macdoo; 07-23-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Overheat warning means you are actually overheating the motor or the EMM. Check all cooling lines as well as the wiring to the temp sensor in the exhaust manifold.

+1
    Ok I changed the 2 15 amp circuit breakers and then cranked it up and ran water through it. Everything ok. Took it to the lake for 40 min and I got up to 59 mph and I think it was 6550 rpms. The red light was low fuel even though they had put $20 of gas in that's not much and as it moves back and forth the red light will come on. So the circuit breakers was heating up made the fuel pump to cut off...I think.

I got the ski on the tralor ad started to go thrn turned around and put it in the water still straped down. Cranked it up and looked around. What I saw was what looked like to much water flowing from the front to the back. I put my hand under the front of the flywheel housing and yes there was a leak the same place as my first 01 TXi had. Now I got a replacement hose but this is such a pain in the ass to remove. I think I'm going to take off the small water hose from the flywheel then pull it back through under the motor. Then put the new hose and push it back under the motor to the front. Put the small hose back on the flywheel case and then put the other end of the large replacement hone on the exhaust fitting were it came from…..any better ideas? It is so tight with the motor in and the gas tank so clolse in the Txi

Thread Information