Question kawasaki 750 sxi power problems

i have a kawasaki 750 sxi & it runs great at 1st but when i stop & have a break i go to use it again & the power keeps coming & going like its running on 1 cylinder then back to 2.then if you leave it for a good hour it will run fine again. Any ideas ?

+1
    The spark plug wires are known for breaking near the spark plug end. You might try unscrewing the rubber boot, then try pulling some of the wires out with some needlenose pliers. If pieces come out, that's a pretty good indication of the problem. Trim the wires back about 1/2" and re-install the boot.

Before you do that, however, have you tried putting the choke on halfway? You might also try riding with the seat removed when it runs badly and see if there is anything visible.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The spark plug wires are known for breaking near the spark plug end. You might try unscrewing the rubber boot, then try pulling some of the wires out with some needlenose pliers. If pieces come out, that's a pretty good indication of the problem. Trim the wires back about 1/2" and re-install the boot.

Before you do that, however, have you tried putting the choke on halfway? You might also try riding with the seat removed when it runs badly and see if there is anything visible.
    sxi is a stand-up so it has not a seat

+1
    OK, not familiar with it. I thought you were referring to an SS Xi.

If it misfire when hot, you may have a problem with the coils ,check the prim and sec resistance cold and compare them to hot you will need a ohm meter if you don,t have one .you may be able to move the coil assy to a cooler location away from heat if it runs better for a longer time frame .then replace coils

Thread Information