Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GTX SC Dooin 71.0 now

After some 70.7's - 70.9's, finally ran a couple of 71's using the "out of the box" 14/19. Temps were 44 air and 48 in the water. Only problem was that I am pegged at 8400 ++ and bumping the limiter. Need a little bit of a bend Jerry. Also, it looks like I am done and pretty much maxed out in the 71 area until I go into the engine. Not much else left that I can do. Guess I'll be yankin the engine and sending it off to Nils or Mark. On a side note, if anyone was wondering what type of wet suit is good for these conditions, I took Jarrett's advice and picked up a Henderson 5 mil Hyperstretch. Before I even rode I unloaded my ski into the lake and walked in until the water was waste high. After riding 70mph ++ the majority of time, the only thing that got cold were my toes and fingers. The suit is awesome and will enable me to ride easily in the low 40's or high 30's.

So Jerry, I hope to have the Solas off to you Friday sometime...Thanks bro...

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Awsome numbers Red Devil. I'm afraid by the time i do my pump conversion it'll be WAY too cold to ride.

+1
    Hitting the rev limiter and getting 71 mph sounds about right for the cold temps...

Quote Originally Posted by two2curupt
    Hitting the rev limiter and getting 71 mph sounds about right for the cold temps...
    Was just thinking about what I said in regards to mailing my motor. If Mark would wind up being the one going into the motor, I'll just take a mini vacation and drive the whole damn thing to him. Guess I'll give him a ring about it. Of course, I'll have the forged pistons done too.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime
    Awsome numbers Red Devil. I'm afraid by the time i do my pump conversion it'll be WAY too cold to ride.
    Are you goin for the triple??

+1
    I think it's absolutely remarkable that you are now doing 71 mph on a GTX with untouched engine.... just bolt on's

Be very proud of yourself!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    I think it's absolutely remarkable that you are now doing 71 mph on a GTX with untouched engine.... just bolt on's

damn... when u think of it that way, that's approximately 8-9 mph increase over stock witout touchin the motor. damn impressive. Can i be a pain in the ass and have you list every single mod/part/improvement you've done and added to your ski? please

Thanks, I am an anal and persistent SOB along with trying to be a perfectionist, but I could not have gotten to where I am without the help and assistance and existence of this forum and the ones who have contributed to helping me get there. I like to give credit where it is due as well..

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Yeah i wouldn't mind knowing your secret considering i may not be able to carry out my original plan with me buyin a house soon and all. When it all comes down to it i can't be too mad considering i've been mostly stock til now and i still have a blast. Plus in the ocean it doesn't matter how fast you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485

damn... when u think of it that way, that's approximately 8-9 mph increase over stock witout touchin the motor. damn impressive. Can i be a pain in the ass and have you list every single mod/part/improvement you've done and added to your ski? please
    Red Devil,

You're not going to enlighten us with your mods???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information