+1

Added a 2003 Polaris MSX 140 to the Polaris Fleet need some Help.

Hello fellow "Polaris Hulkster's"

Just purchased a 2003 MSX 140 for $1000.00 with trailer and cover online without seeing it. Owner said it has issues and she did not run it since last year. Her adult kids did not want to spend the money to get it running so she sold it to me. Has a list of service bulletins on the Air intake cover. 03-07 to 03-12 all done 4/28/05. So i get it picked up. Bring it home put a new battery, plugs and presto starts up nicely. Take to lake leave on trailer run for 8 to 10 minutes to make sure no leaks. Running great.

Yesterday, Took it to the lake for a test ride. It is running awesome but not giving it to much because I do not want the fuel regulator to fall off toasting a piston. Had the other two Polaris in the fleet following me around. Just in case because she said it did have running issues. Not a problem running at all. Any speed 0 to 65 on the wish-o-meter, RPM's great, throttle up and down going good. I am feeling good about my purchase.

After I get it back on the trailer it looks like they tried to repair a hole or deep gouge in it. I was not taking on water. Check a few times. It has white fiberglass mating showing on the front left side. Water was coming from the patch so I am thinking that the water is between the patch and the original hull. Must be a pocket in there some where. I did not see that when I had it on the trailer. Maybe they used some latex black paint and it washed off as I was riding.

Anyway...
    Just want to confirm I will need WEST System epoxy to fix the hull. I also plan on fixing the fuel regulator before the next ride also.

Great info on this site.
    Thanks in advance.
    P.S. The 1990's Polaris fleet in my profile pic is running well because of the great people on this site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msx hole.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	336824  

+1
    Awesome

Banned User
    +1
    The MSX is a fiberglass hull. Polyester would most likely work, but I still think the epoxy would be better. Be sure to grind out all of the bad fiberglass.

+1
    Thanks BP for the response.

JOE

+1
    Update. Found a guy that will do the fiberglass work for around $500. I figured that there will be somewhere around $250 in materials so I am going to have him do it. only thing her cannot start until Aug 8th because we went on vacation.

Thread Information