Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: clutch issue?

clutch issue?

I have a 2013 fzs and my clutch is doing something strange. I was riding and all was going good and then no boost. I pulled seats off and checked all the hoses and everything was connected as it was suppose to be. I started the ski got on it and all was good once agin. Rode for a couple more hours with no issues. Went back on the water monday and first time i got on it and guess what it did it agin. Once agin i check all hoses and they are fine start the ski and it runs as it is supposed to. It seems to me that the clutch just didnt enguage on those 2 passes not sure if anyone has some more insight or something else i should check. Thanks in advance for all suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by vjstassi View Post
    I have a 2013 fzs and my clutch is doing something strange. I was riding and all was going good and then no boost. I pulled seats off and checked all the hoses and everything was connected as it was suppose to be. I started the ski got on it and all was good once agin. Rode for a couple more hours with no issues. Went back on the water monday and first time i got on it and guess what it did it agin. Once agin i check all hoses and they are fine start the ski and it runs as it is supposed to. It seems to me that the clutch just didnt enguage on those 2 passes not sure if anyone has some more insight or something else i should check. Thanks in advance for all suggestions
    Yes sounds like the Clutch. What you are describing is exactly what mine did. The 2014 Clutch is an upgrade from the 2013. I wouldn't ride it again until you have the Clutch inspected; some of the Clutch parts can fall down farther into the engine if you are unlucky.

Good luck. JB

I had super charger off earlier this week and it spins only one way and all the teeth are in perfect shape.also it has only 26 hours on it.

It's almost like a limiter is kicking on in the ecu. The bad thing is my dealer wont warranty it since i added some mods which really drives me crazy

It's almost like a limiter is kicking on in the ecu. The bad thing is my dealer wont warranty it since i added some mods which really drives me crazy
    Wow thats sucks. What mods did you add?

+1
    He has to unless you've changed the wheel or shaft, the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove that your mods were the direct cause of the failure, it's not your responsibility to prove that it wasn't.

+1
    The 13 clutches don't break teeth, that was the 10-12 clutches. You can ride till it blows swap it out and ride it when your done like nothing ever happened.

Got a blow off valve?

+1
    its the clutch, seemingly more common with the 13 clutch, mine started doing the same thing at 6 hrs, progressively got worse. I have no warrantee to fall back on, what you might hear is the spags rolling over when you shut the ski off after it stops boosting, I can hear a audible click when mine does it

Yes i have a tial bov. Good news clutch is on the way bad news getting in there and changing it. Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information