Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

VTECH BT + mods..am i safe for now?

finally pulled the trigger on a few mods

intake
    intake manifold upgrade
    thru hull exhaust
    vtech maptuner

I call this stage 1 because this is all i can swing right now. stage 2 will be probably be the data logger, springs and retainers, RRFPR, prop and IC if not more.. my question is will my ski be ok for rest of summer without some of the stage 2 upgrades? im hesitant on even using the vtech right now. is the base tune conservitive enough that im overthinking? someone point me in the right direction! i MAY be able to do one of the stage 2 mods sooner then later if its the better choice.

+1
    Flash the base tune and ride.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Agree, flash the latest tune vtech has and ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareRXT-x-AS View Post
    finally pulled the trigger on a few mods

intake
    intake manifold upgrade
    thru hull exhaust
    vtech maptuner

I call this stage 1 because this is all i can swing right now. stage 2 will be probably be the data logger, springs and retainers, RRFPR, prop and IC if not more.. my question is will my ski be ok for rest of summer without some of the stage 2 upgrades? im hesitant on even using the vtech right now. is the base tune conservitive enough that im overthinking? someone point me in the right direction! i MAY be able to do one of the stage 2 mods sooner then later if its the better choice.
    I was running 8375 nor tune on this ski without any exhaust mods BUT with the fantastic airflow improvements from throwing all that oem intake airbox shit out, together in the bin with the FA, made my stock injectors max DC from 7300rpm to WOT. As a result I was running dangerously high AFR's.

Normally I would say it should be ok at such a low level of mods and gentle tune, but I think on the aS the removal of airbox and FA, unlock the air in and push it so lean so quick. If you have no way of seeing this, and adding fuel, it might cost you dearly.

I was shocked how easily the oem injectors became maxed out, especially with my limited mods. The data doesn't and didn't lie. I threw in the VT11 injectors and now have a sweet set of AFR's throughout the rev range. I am over the moon. For a data geek, all my christmas' came at once!!!

I would start with your stage 1, but at least get the CMD LCD-200 and Wideband. You WILL need this for the rest of your ski owning days, just invest now before you regret it. Seeing the boom before it comes is worth a few $$$$ so you can side step it.

You also max your performance $$$ mods in the process.

Think on, I never wanted to play the big boy's game, but when you see why they do, it's a no brainer. Enjoy.
    Last edited by tornado34; 07-24-2014 at 04:59 AM.

+1
    So should I look into adding a logger with the autotune, a RRFPR or injectors ?

+1
    So should I look into adding a logger with the autotune, a RRFPR or injectors ?
    With just the mods you talked about in your first post, NO. Finish up your summer and worry about that other crap in the winter when you are not loosing out on ride time.

+1
    Would the logger autotune be smartest to add now ?

+1
    Start with the Vtech 8375, you'll love it

+1
    As long as Im not risking making my ski go BOOM and ending my season early..sorry for all the questions.

Yes!! The CMD gives you so much more control and is a piece of piss to set up and use. Very intuative (ask Wickedxp how easy his vtech logger set up was so you can compare the alternatives).

Yes, with all loggers you need to fit an o2 sensor, but it's not difficult. The rest of the wiring is plug n play and takes 30 mins tops.

Biggest pain for us is top deck removal.

This is a great starting point as you'll see where you are starting from and what you need to do next.

One of our most experienced tuners, Whittlebeast, orders his CMD before his new skis arrive and runs almost no mods. He just maximises the stock power first and hangs on to all the reliability.

Check his threads out. He's helped me (and a billion others) get their skis dialled in. You can trust him 100%.

If you can afford to then do air intake, FA delete (free if you do it the fiddly way) that's a great stage 1. (In your terms). Then add vtech & injectors. (Stage 2). prop n grate need to be done at some point. I'd leave exhaust until later.

Jmo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information