Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Does anyone have a step by step on TYPE 13-14 install

Looking to change my intercooler on my FzR pretty soon. I'm thinking of using a frozen boost type 13 or 14. I've seen a couple treads on this subject but they are pretty old. Has anyone on here treaded an install? Also some info on better cooling would be nice. Please let me know Thanks, Jay

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 09WhiteFzR View Post
    Looking to change my intercooler on my FzR pretty soon. I'm thinking of using a frozen boost type 13 or 14. I've seen a couple treads on this subject but they are pretty old. Has anyone on here treaded an install? Also some info on better cooling would be nice. Please let me know Thanks, Jay
    You have to come up with your own mounting solution. If you get the intercooler location close to what one of the write-ups on the forum has you should be able to use the same piping and silicone hose angles as they did to make it all line up. As far as cooling, you can use the stock cooling but it's highly recommended to upgrade to an aftermarket cooling kit with dedicated lines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 09WhiteFzR View Post
    You have to come up with your own mounting solution. If you get the intercooler location close to what one of the write-ups on the forum has you should be able to use the same piping and silicone hose angles as they did to make it all line up. As far as cooling, you can use the stock cooling but it's highly recommended to upgrade to an aftermarket cooling kit with dedicated lines.
    Thanks! do you have a link for one of these treads?

+1
    I have a brand new type 14 if you decide to go that route

Lake Lion
    +1
    I'm doing a Type 15 on my FX SVHO. Gotta fabricate and innovate everything.

6. +1 by:

+1

8. +1 by:

+1
    Do yourself a favor and add up all of the cost associated with going with the type 14. Factor in the piping, silicone hoses, clamps, BOV adapter, etc. You will be surprised how quickly that stuff adds up.

Back a few years ago I was looking to go this direction and by the time you factored in all of those things, it came out to be around $100-200 difference between the type 14 installed versus the Fizzle. Not worth the time and headache of doing it yourself and the risk of an subpar installation (depending on your fabrication skills) considering the cost difference IMO.

+1
    You can look at my page to see my bracket. if you want I can give you a list of the couplers and pipes I used. As for the cooling kit I just looked on Riva instruction library and did my own engine/ intercoolers cooling kit for about $60.

11. +1 by:

+1
    We installed a type 14 over the winter from scratch. Total cost was about $500. not including the HKS BOV($230) which he already had.

Type 14 IC and piping,couplers and t-bolt clamps from frozen boost was $280
    Water plumbing kit from Riva was $150, it included, strainer,thru hull fitting, 16ft of gates II hose(the good stuff)
    Barb fittings for IC $20
    stainless hose clamps from mcmaster $14
    aluminum 1"x1/8" bar stock for brackets $10
    Hookup from crashhard on a FXHO y-splitter and factory pisser $20

took us about 2 hours to figure out jim's bracket design measurements. Once we had that it took about 3 hours to install.

13. +1 by:

+1
    Guys if you are interested and can wait a couple weeks I will have more of my Fizzle Yamaha Y1000 Intercooler Kits ready to go. It takes the guesswork out of the equation. They will be $799 with no BOV.

At the Hydrodrags less than 2 weeks ago I ran into a customer who told me I lied to him when I said the Y1000 would gain 100 RPMs over the Type 14. He said my intercooler gained him 200 RPMs over the Type 14. I was very impressed, but at the same time there will always be the largest performance gap between the two intercoolers when the conditions are the worst (hottest, most humid).

15. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information