Buying kawi need some advice

Alright guys ive dealt with seadoos and yamahas but never kawi. Ski is for my buddy and I want to make sure he doesnt walk into a headache. First off its a 2007 kawi 250x supercharged. 102hrs. Engine and charger were overhauled at 94hrs. Price is 4100 with trailer (which correct me if im wrong is dirt cheap). What should I look for. Reverse cable is broken but new one is included. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

+1
    That's a good price but not a steal. I paid 5000$ OTD for mine but it's a 2008 instead of 2007. I'll get the link to the thread I started when I was thinking about purchasing mine lots of good info in it. Have him install the reverse cable before you buy it.

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219872

This is my thread, everything you'll need to know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by verdugo135 View Post
    Alright guys ive dealt with seadoos and yamahas but never kawi. Ski is for my buddy and I want to make sure he doesnt walk into a headache. First off its a 2007 kawi 250x supercharged. 102hrs. Engine and charger were overhauled at 94hrs. Price is 4100 with trailer (which correct me if im wrong is dirt cheap). What should I look for. Reverse cable is broken but new one is included. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

that price sounds about right,the 07~08 had a bad reputation because of the issues of cracked cyl heads ,pump bearing failure ,GIO...not all skis of those yrs had issues but a good percentage having 1 or 2 of those issues but also it being the first and second yrs of Kawa first SC ski...

94 hrs is low so if compression is good and she runs good 64-65 mph,7300-7400 rpms you have a good deal,and you upgrade that pump to 2011 ...

+1
    The pump failure can be fixed by upgrading to 2011 spec. Add a 2013 catch can and you'll no longer have to worry about GIO. Cracked cyl heads can be prevented with a 10 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down before and after rides. You'll love the ski, but keep it stock and it will last a long time.

+1
    The catchcan wont fix the gio problem, thats a ring sealing issue and eng temp issue!! Yep the pump is fixable. The heads may crack at anytime there's no secret to saving the earlier ones that was a build issue. Atleast all parts are superceded to the later models if need be.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    The catchcan wont fix the gio problem, thats a ring sealing issue and eng temp issue!! Yep the pump is fixable. The heads may crack at anytime there's no secret to saving the earlier ones that was a build issue. Atleast all parts are superceded to the later models if need be.
    I think he means, less oil will make its way to the ic.

+1
    Yeah that's what I meant sorry for the confusion

Thread Information