Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Kyle- 05 GTX Limited Wetlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barneagt
    Posts
    29

    Troubleshooting Help...

    Hey guys,

    Ive got a tech question for ya..

    My 2005 GTX Limited wouldn't power up today. It doesn't seem to register that the lanyard has been connected. Info panel wont come on..Seadoo chime is non existent.

    I gave the battery a quick charge thinking that maybe that was the issue but it didn't make a difference.

    What would you suggest is the next thing I check out?

    Thanks,

    Kyle


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    Check the battery with a volt meter to be sure. All the charging in the world won't help a fully dead battery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wetlightning View Post
    Hey guys,

    Ive got a tech question for ya..

    My 2005 GTX Limited wouldn't power up today. It doesn't seem to register that the lanyard has been connected. Info panel wont come on..Seadoo chime is non existent.

    I gave the battery a quick charge thinking that maybe that was the issue but it didn't make a difference.

    What would you suggest is the next thing I check out?

    Thanks,

    Kyle

  3. #3
    Kyle- 05 GTX Limited Wetlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barneagt
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Check the battery with a volt meter to be sure. All the charging in the world won't help a fully dead battery.
    Very good point, thanks

  4. #4
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    like fizzle said.. check to see if it is a fully charged battery.

    is the ski starting or turning over? start at the basics which is the battery then go from there.... could be a bad dess post or the harness on the back of the cluster has come loose... but reply back reguards to the ski turning over or not

  5. #5
    Kyle- 05 GTX Limited Wetlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barneagt
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    like fizzle said.. check to see if it is a fully charged battery.

    is the ski starting or turning over? start at the basics which is the battery then go from there.... could be a bad dess post or the harness on the back of the cluster has come loose... but reply back reguards to the ski turning over or not
    No, the ski does not even attempt to start. Iv'e got nothing at all. Volt meter is in the mail from Amazon and should arrive at my house tomorrow so Ill report back after I test the battery..

  6. #6
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11
    If by chance you got water in the ski and covered starter you could have got a fuse i would check

  7. #7
    Kyle- 05 GTX Limited Wetlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barneagt
    Posts
    29
    Okay guys so the battery has been checked and is okay. I also checked all visible fuses (fuse panel in hull) and they are in tact as well. Where do you suggest I go from here?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    This happened to me last week. The dess post was giving problems and finally had nothing come on as you said. Changed it today..started right up.

  9. #9
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Yep, bad DESS post most likely.

  10. #10
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    476
    also try a different key, have seen the key go bad too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Car heater troubleshoot help
    By jpeconsult in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. troubleshooting help "oil" message
    By jayohentran in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
  3. 1991 650sx troubleshooting HELP!
    By crywolfe08 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
  4. SL 650 Troubleshoot help
    By splashman in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 12:02 AM
  5. Need GP1300 Troubleshooting Help
    By handybuilder in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •