Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AFR

+1

AFR

Hi,

I am working on something and need to know what it the ideal AFR for 4-tec engine, does this ideal AFR have different numbers for different RPM's and what is minimum and maximum SAFE AFR.

I need numbers and know that in real world they are not constant. Need it as value

thanks

+1
    idle 12.2-13
    mids below boost 14.5
    WOT 11.9-12.1

3. +1 by:

+1
    So there is no perfect number?

+1
    you cant have a perfect number.. climate changes for everyone too many variables play.... those numbers are a good base... on a hot humid day the fueling will be richer than it was on a cooler day or evening without touching it.. in the cooler months that why you need to add fuel and in the warmer months you in most cases will need to drop a bit of fuel pressure so your not as rich.

trust me ive been threw all the fueling blahs.. without spending 1000 bucks on a cmd. only way to be perfect for adjusting climates is to have a CMD or fuel controller so it will adjust on the fly without you worrying. first you need to know what kind of setup you want to run and how fast you want to go and then I can tell you or many others what works and doesn't. but to answer your question no there is no number you can have because there is no perfect AFR because climate plays a huge role in these 4tec engines making power

6. +1 by:

+1
    My idea was to know if for example can have 12 for any RPM am I going to be lean at idle

At 12 it can be a bit rich and cause start problems.

If you're going for 'safe' then ironically, safe is sometimes more lean or more rich depending on many factors (fuel quality, load on engine etc).

To be 'safe' and predictable and maximise safe performance, CMD is the only way. Give it your perfect AFR's, we can help ypu with these, sit back and let CMD take care of everything. Add new mods? Not a problem, CMD will fix the fuelling itself. Go out on a cold crisp morning or a baking hot humid day and CMD will adjust fuelling to always hit your targets.

It's like having a race tech living in your engine bay!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post

If you're going for 'safe' then ironically, safe is sometimes more lean or more rich depending on many factors (fuel quality, load on engine etc).

To be 'safe' and predictable and maximise safe performance, CMD is the only way. Give it your perfect AFR's, we can help ypu with these, sit back and let CMD take care of everything. Add new mods? Not a problem, CMD will fix the fuelling itself. Go out on a cold crisp morning or a baking hot humid day and CMD will adjust fuelling to always hit your targets.

M, did you have a hard time with set up configuration? I thought I saw a few threads where you had troubles?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post

M, did you have a hard time with set up configuration? I thought I saw a few threads where you had troubles?
    i had some mechanical troubles but nothing major.

I do have CMD. My question i theoretical. I wanted to know if you have to represent lean/reach condition is there a magic number which is used as base / for example perfect AFR is XX.X but on idle you need it a little lean and so on/

12.0 to 1 wide open throttle
    14.5 to 1 everywhere else

+1
    Is it rich at wot, lean everywhere else or both.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information