Triton elite wc-II trailer issue

I have a 2 month old triton elite 2-up PWC trailer. Used it once a week since memorial day. This trailer came with the tiedowns mounted on the rear that have a spring loaded retract feature. 2 of the 4 no longer retract by spring. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Is this user serviceable? Anyone have a good reference on this?

My dealer is 150 miles away, so I'm hoping to try to fix this myself before resorting to going to them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNH View Post
    I have a 2 month old triton elite 2-up PWC trailer. Used it once a week since memorial day. This trailer came with the tiedowns mounted on the rear that have a spring loaded retract feature. 2 of the 4 no longer retract by spring. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Is this user serviceable? Anyone have a good reference on this?

My dealer is 150 miles away, so I'm hoping to try to fix this myself before resorting to going to them.

Not able to help, but looking to buy the same model. If you don't mind could you tell me where you bought it from and the price you paid. PM me if you are more comfortable.

I bought it in Greenfied MA at Ray's Cycle Center. Paid $2600 with all the options: 13" wheels, storage chest, fuel tray, spare tire and mount. I looked far and wide, and was the best price I could find.

BTW - other than the strap failure, I love the trailer.

+1
    You mean the X model straps right. They are not warrantied or serviceable. They sell them at walmart for $30 a pair.

see my thread here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218046

Quote Originally Posted by john07ex View Post
    You mean the X model straps right. They are not warrantied or serviceable. They sell them at walmart for $30 a pair.

see my thread here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218046

Really? Mine failed after about 10-12 uses. They were included with the trailer. You know, paying $2600 for a trailer that comes with tie downs, I'd expect them to last a little longer. I am hesitant to buy 2 new ones since 2 have failed, but really, at this point, what are my choices. I am also concerned about removing them. I guess I need to go look to see how they are attached. There is no bolt going through the rear crossbeam they are bolted to, which makes me think they will be a pain in the ass to replace.

Banned User
    +1
    You have to remove the tail light from the grommet and the nut is accessible from inside the trailer frame through the hole the light goes in.

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You have to remove the tail light from the grommet and the nut is accessible from inside the trailer frame through the hole the light goes in.

Awesome. Thanks.

+1
    Mine failed as well. I used them four times. I called triton and asked why they failed and they stated it was do to overtightening and thats not covered under warranty. They said you make these snug and thats it. With that said i found another set im willing to try. And oh did i mention i am a triton sub dealer. If anyone wants a great price let me know

Jay

+1
    A place in Charlotte, NC sells these trailers for $2000. I looked at getting a LTWCII for $1475 cash out the door!

Thread Information