Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vxs 2011 problems helpppppp!!!!

Hello All,

Took my VXS with 60hrs out of storage 2 weeks ago, connected the battery, prepped it like I always do, and then placed it in the water only to find that it wouldn't roll over, or rather it rolls over but doesn't complete the ignition process.... doesn't catch..

We checked the grounds, and they are fine, it looked like it was a relay issue going to the fuel pump (only 9v going to the fuel pump) so we got a new main switch relay, but it still didn't fix the issue. Still 9v going to the fuel pump, no fuel getting to the engine... when we test the fuel pump without the relay it works perfectly..... so we know it isn't a fuel pump issue.

What else could it be? The computer? Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Josh

+1
    Does it have spark? Could be a weak battery load test it.

+1
    If it doesn't have enough amps coming out of the battery the starter will basically hog the voltage/amps and prevent other circuits from operating properly.

+1
    the NA vxr motor is much harder to start than the sho, if your battery if shitty, its not going to start well at all

+1
    My OEM battery crapped out after one season. I'd look into a Deka AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    My OEM battery crapped out after one season. I'd look into a Deka AGM.
    We replaced the battery, still the same issue....

Quote Originally Posted by smartlikerock79 View Post
    Hello All,

Took my VXS with 60hrs out of storage 2 weeks ago, connected the battery, prepped it like I always do, and then placed it in the water only to find that it wouldn't roll over, or rather it rolls over but doesn't complete the ignition process.... doesn't catch..

We checked the grounds, and they are fine, it looked like it was a relay issue going to the fuel pump (only 9v going to the fuel pump) so we got a new main switch relay, but it still didn't fix the issue. Still 9v going to the fuel pump, no fuel getting to the engine... when we test the fuel pump without the relay it works perfectly..... so we know it isn't a fuel pump issue.

Thanks,

Josh

I am confused, does it turn over and not start?, or does it not turn over? If it is turning over, then check for spark. You should be able to tell if it is getting fuel at that point as well.

The battery is always a possibility, if it is not turning over, or if it is turning over slow.

i amazed people feel the stock Yuasa is a poor battery. I have been fortunate, mine is on the 4th season, has over 350 hours, and is still starting fine with its original battery.

It is like the security lock is on, but it's not, I have locked it and unlock it several times.
    You press the ignition button and it starts but doesn't catch, there is spark, but the fuel pump doesn't start-

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smartlikerock79 View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks,

Josh
    Try doing a head leakdown test or check cylinder compression maybe your exhaust valves are rusted and it doesn't seal properly. Opening the head and doing a fresh valve grind then checking the shims for valve shim clearance should fix it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information