Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Plug n play ET 140?

Read a few threads but still confused..Could ET 140 wheel work with just an aftermarket ecu and bigger injectors? If not what should I combine? Try to learn differences between CMD, VTECH, ATHENA, BEGI FUEL CONTROLLER......What do I really need in order to make it work?? .

+1
    You will really need an external intercooler, I'm sure there is probably a V-tech re map for big injectors and that level of boost, a upgraded fuel pump would also be a very good idea.

R88

+1
    80s, data logger, patience when tuning in the fueling map, good cooling, good hookup to stay in the water. Unhooking is the death of the larger chargers

+1
    Apart for peripheral upgrades..grate, prop, etc..cause power itself is not enough. What I really want to clarify is how can I make the ET 140 work safely and not create a ticking bomb.. Upgraded valve train, etc... Is also on the menu...the charger, injectors , fuel management triange is my headache? Does a rotax ecu, for example,will make everything work .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    You will really need an external intercooler, I'm sure there is probably a V-tech re map for big injectors and that level of boost, a upgraded fuel pump would also be a very good idea.

R88
    with stock ecu?

+1
    you need a way to change the fueling yourself, not a canned tune. That factory pump shoe/grate/plate will not hold up past 76. Ask me how I know.

Unless you're familiar with tuning or have the money to pay someone who is I'd leave this charger alone. You also need to be willing to swap the back half to the T-X setup.

+1
    if your going for a big charger then I would recommend getting a motec m130, it will do all you need and give you the logging that you will need to get your ski dallied in correctly

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    you need a way to change the fueling yourself, not a canned tune. That factory pump shoe/grate/plate will not hold up past 76. Ask me how I know.

Unless you're familiar with tuning or have the money to pay someone who is I'd leave this charger alone. You also need to be willing to swap the back half to the T-X setup.
    Thanks..my ski is gone...sold it for family reasons.. however there is a 06 rxp with upgraded valves and a price of 3500 us. There is also an ET 140 availiable...at no cost.. Thats why i want to gather some info.....You know...the bug....cant get over it.. haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    if your going for a big charger then I would recommend getting a motec m130, it will do all you need and give you the logging that you will need to get your ski dallied in correctly
    So i plug injectors and charger and the motec will do the rest?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    So i plug injectors and charger and the motec will do the rest?
    No. It's a stand alone ECU that's highly programmable and highly log-able. Also over $3k

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information