Took 95' HX out to Cocoa, had issues/beeping, now there's no spark - what's wrong?

I took my '95 Seadoo HX out to Cocoa on Sunday (Indian River specifically). Ski ran fine for 20-30 minutes, though it likes to die out if you let it idle for too long (carb issue? Rebuilt them a year or two ago). Eventually, it started running poorly, and began producing a long continuous beep, then finally dying out and failing to start (it'd turn over fine). I put it on the beach, let it cool down some, took the plugs out to dry, and turned it over to blow out any excess water. I could get it to start, but only briefly before it'd die out (still had the continuous beeping). Got home late Sunday night and didn't have time to try and flush it out till Tuesday. While attempting to flush, I got it to start and run for all of 5-10 seconds, but it'd die out before I could turn the hose on, or I'd turn the hose on for all of a half second before it'd die out. As of yesterday however, it won't start period, like it has no spark, even after replacing the plugs and cutting the coils back a 1/4" to get fresh wiring.

Based on this sequence of events, is this something I did in the salt water, or did a coil/CDI/etc. conveniently fail at the same time? What's with the beeping?

Also as a side note, I've been using Seadoo's mineral oil up until the beginning of this month when I purchased a 1qt bottle of the Walmart brand to top off the oil on the way to a freshwater lake.

+1
    Check your compression. Things arent sounding good from a motor stand point. You replaced your fuel lines when you did the carb rebuild correct? And check your plugs and see how they look. chocolate brown is the key. Report back your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by blairwill4 View Post
    Check your compression. Things arent sounding good from a motor stand point. You replaced your fuel lines when you did the carb rebuild correct? And check your plugs and see how they look. chocolate brown is the key. Report back your findings.
    Fuel lines, filters, etc. were replaced. Plugs have a dark black/brown color to them. Haven't yet run a compression test but will as soon as I'm able to (in the middle of moving right now).

Thanks!

+1
    sounds like a fuel issue to me, check compression and spark, dollars to donuts, your filters are plugged in the carbs

+1
    The long continuous beep on that setup would be the overheat sensor. Maybe it's gone bad, you can ohm it out. Or maybe it overheated and burnt up some rings, do a compression test.

Thread Information