Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

2014 svho vibration

So I picked up my new fzs today and can't say enough good about it. The power is incredible and the handling is amazing as well. I do have one concern and wonder if it's normal or needs to be addressed by the dealer. The dealer told me "to break it in, ride it as you normally would just don't hold it wide open for more than 5-10 seconds at a time and vary the RPM's". So I did just that and I noticed immediately that if I let off the throttle abruptly, the ski vibrates quite a bit until the RPM's drop to slightly above idle. When I slowly let off the throttle the ski doesn't vibrate at all. Is this normal? Also, on a hard take off I hit the rev limiter for a few seconds is this normal? Thanks.

Mine is smooth as silk...

+1
    What you are feeling is because it does not come with a BOV from the factory. So when you let off under boost quickly you will feel that shudder as the TB closes and the boost has no where to go but push back on the SC wheel. With a BOV that will go away

Mine was smooth without a BOV and is smooth with.

+1
    You would be the only one then. There are plenty of threads on this, its not just a SVHO thing, but is more noticeable as we have higher boost numbers from the factory.

+1
    Thanks for feedback, I feel much better knowing its a common occurrence and I didn't get a $14,000 dud. How difficult is it to install a blow off valve? Also, how about the dealers suggestion for break in? I've read a few threads where the majority stated "just ride it like you would normally". The dealer even told me "the atvs, bikes and snowmobiles I've rode normally during break in perform better and have more power than those I broke in per the owners manual". That being the case, why do the manufactures suggest such a gentle break in?

+1
    For break in for the first 60 minutes I took it easy just varying the throttle and not going over 5K rpms. After that the next 30 was some quick WOT blasts and then I rode it like it was a rental..

With a SC engine you need to make sure the rings fully seat, once you have done that you are good to go. If you run it WOT and hard when its zero hours you could have issues such as a scored bearing or blow out a ring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    For break in for the first 60 minutes I took it easy just varying the throttle and not going over 5K rpms. After that the next 30 was some quick WOT blasts and then I rode it like it was a rental..

With a SC engine you need to make sure the rings fully seat, once you have done that you are good to go. If you run it WOT and hard when its zero hours you could have issues such as a scored bearing or blow out a ring.
    Hopefully I didn't do any damage, I road pretty hard from the second it hit the water(maybe 70% as hard as I would normally ride it with full throttle bursts lasting no more than 5-10 seconds). If I did do damage, which I don't believe I did, what would I notice?

+1
    If you did damage you would have noticed it fairly quickly. It would have been a slim chance that you did any damage. But they want the break in to minimize that chance.

If you blew out a set of rings you would be puffing smoke from blow by.

+1
    No smoke, guess I'm in the clear. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge with a newb. Is a blow off valve difficult to install? I've done free flow exhausts and air intakes bit never a blow off valve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information