Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question custom aftermarket exhaust question

I've been doing some work on my boat which is powered by a 215 seadoo engine. I'm running out of space for the mods I've been doing. so I'm wondering has anyone ever cut a new hole in the back of the water box and ran the exhaust straight out the back? I'm sure flow will be fine how i have planned. I'm just wondering without the big loop in the hose will the engine fill with water easier?

thanks in advance any info and pics

+1
    I know personally if you do it on a 12+ px (Maybe Tx) a straight exhaust from the water box back then you need to change to a j pipe. Otherwise water will go in the engine since on the new skis the engine sits below water level ( unlike old px's/tx's). With that said, i guess you just might want to check where your engine sits with the water level on your boat and go from there.
    Hope this helps

yeah. thats what i thought. i have a j pipe. but its still very touch and go imo. i will run a flapper to keep water from ingesting from backfire but it isn't watertight for when the boat is just sitting there.

i need more space...

+1
    maybe this pic helps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	487309_377287525659439_1735756230_n.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	336934

+1
    I know of two sleds that straight dump the exhaust right out of the back(one SHO and one seadoo T-X). They both have the boat exhaust flap so water doesn't come back in. It's too loud though. Point is you can do anything with exhaust.

yeah that pic helps a lot. thats exactly what my plan was. do you have any problems with that setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieCraigGreenfield View Post
    yeah that pic helps a lot. thats exactly what my plan was. do you have any problems with that setup?
    the boat is not mine it's a boat build by rotax racing so if there where any problems they wouldn't build it like this!!!! you just have to use the j pipe setup otherwise your engine will fill up with water.

awesome thanks a bunch for that info

+1
    The Riva thru hull makes enough noise for me... How loud do you want to get?

+1
    SeaDoo's update to the '08 style exhaust, straight vs. the 'J' pipe, was to increase flow. I think Danny did some flow work, and the 'J' pipe was found to be much more restrictive compared to the '08 style. If you're simply wanting a bit more power, change to the '08 style, gut the box (requires '08 box too), and run a larger diameter exit for some deeper sounds. There's no need to chance water intrusion.
    Remember, if a factory builds something, they have the money to burn on replacement costs when it fails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information