Converting 1100 to variable oil

I know the factory conversion kits no longer exist for this, but I recently happened into a 97 1200 oil pump and cable and wondered what else was needed to complete the conversion? The boat is a 97 Wave Venture 1100. Thanks in advance!

+1
    Well, the cable goes to the cam that the throttle turns on the carbs. There is a bracket that holds the throttle cable and the oil pump cable which connects on the opposite side of that throttle cam, or disc if you will. Not sure if that oil pump is a direct fit to your boat though. Seriously, that is a lot of work when 50-1 premix works well on these boats, and reduces oil consumption and smoke by a great deal. I have converted many of these old style injection boats to premix. Not to mention the oil pump is hard to access in the boat since it is under the electrical box in the front.
    I would not however convert a newer variable injected boat, because they are very efficient in oil use.

Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    Well, the cable goes to the cam that the throttle turns on the carbs. There is a bracket that holds the throttle cable and the oil pump cable which connects on the opposite side of that throttle cam, or disc if you will. Not sure if that oil pump is a direct fit to your boat though. Seriously, that is a lot of work when 50-1 premix works well on these boats, and reduces oil consumption and smoke by a great deal. I have converted many of these old style injection boats to premix. Not to mention the oil pump is hard to access in the boat since it is under the electrical box in the front.
    I would not however convert a newer variable injected boat, because they are very efficient in oil use.
    The pump actually came out of a 97 Wave Venture, I just assumed it was from a 1200 since the Wave Venture did not come with variable oil originally. Sounds like I'll need to track down/fabricate a bracket, but other than that not too bad. The 1200 and 1100 (especially of the same year) are virtually identical with the same cases and cranks. I would prefer to convert it to variable oil as my 97 GP1200 already has that and it would be easier to just have 2 varibale oil boats instead of having to premix one.
    Last edited by carvinbassplyr; 07-25-2014 at 09:11 AM.

+1
    The oil system is very reliable when you replace the hoses with fresh tygon lines, and cinch them down with oetiker clamps. It's a PITA premixing, and it's been my observation that you use way more oil by pre mixing. Just my $.02. And besides....you have to carry oil or buy oil at the marina when you fill up on the water. That's really a PITA!

If anyone knows more about putting the 97 GP1200 oil pump on a 97 1100 motor please feel free to chime in. They use the same gasket and look identical as far as I can tell. It seems that as long as I get a GP1200 non power valve oil pump as well the 97 GP1200 oil cable and throttle/oil cable bracket it should all work fine.
    Last edited by carvinbassplyr; 07-26-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Thread Information