MSX 140 Spark Plug Question - - - Does One Absolutely Have To Use NGK PZFR6H's?

I've read around the forums and it seems that the NGK's are the only way to go in a lot of peoples opinion. I just want a final answer. Is anyone else using the Autolite APP5224's and/or the Champion XC12PEPB's? In the MSX 140 or similar? $35-$40 shipped and like $60 local for 3 plugs is just insane. Thats practially aviation prices for pwc plugs lol.

Thanks Everyone

windsor ont
    ngk only.

what issues will i run into by using another brand?? reason i ask is i am having backfire issues. EMM has been repaired and i installed a new CPS and fuel pressure is good. but heres the kicker. its my buddies ski and he has two autolites in there and one ngk. i want to know if the darn thing will atleast still start even though the plugs aren't NGK's??? will plugs cause backfire issues or just hesitation at high rpms?

Banned User
    Milwaukee WI
    You MUST use the NGKs. No substitutes. they just don't run right with anything else. Get the correct plugs before trying to diagnose any further.

Well I found the problem. It was the woodruff key. I will however pick up three new ngk's for my buddies MSX to be safe. Thanks everyone!

Thread Information