+1

steam from exaust

i noticed that there is steam i first thought it was smoke but it not when im riding along an look back i can see steam coming out the exaust an with the ski sitting on the trailer it comes up around the back of the ski are these motors like car when the head gasket blows it will steam out the exaust ski hesitates a lil when taking off an then about 3/4 throttle it runs like its hitting the rev limiter but i know thats not it any input thanks

+1
    The steam you are seeing is the hot exhaust gas hitting the colder water on/ around the pump which creates the steam. 100% normal.

or steam being made in the waterbox

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    The steam you are seeing is the hot exhaust gas hitting the colder water on/ around the pump which creates the steam. 100% normal.
    ive been looking at all my friends an my other one an none of them do it thats why i was thinking theres a problem

+1
    I'm pretty sure I've had the same thing on all the skis, but maybe check the bolts hold the watercooled exhaust to the exhaust manifold. Mine came a little loose from the factory on this one and got worse over the first few hours. It was spraying into the hull, even on the hose (and making steam), but of course would have also been going the other way into the actual exhaust. (no harm done)

Problem was gasket got compromised by the high pressure water and the bolts were too hard to get a torque wrench on, so the manifold had to come off to fix. May not be your problem but costs nothing to look while it's on the hose or trailer with stern in water on ramp.

Ummm, do NOT rev it past 1500 - 2000 rpm with pump in water or you will have a nice car roof ornament, a bit like an insurance ad here on the TV at the moment...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zone5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've had the same thing on all the skis, but maybe check the bolts hold the watercooled exhaust to the exhaust manifold. Mine came a little loose from the factory on this one and got worse over the first few hours. It was spraying into the hull, even on the hose (and making steam), but of course would have also been going the other way into the actual exhaust. (no harm done)

Problem was gasket got compromised by the high pressure water and the bolts were too hard to get a torque wrench on, so the manifold had to come off to fix. May not be your problem but costs nothing to look while it's on the hose or trailer with stern in water on ramp.

Ummm, do NOT rev it past 1500 - 2000 rpm with pump in water or you will have a nice car roof ornament, a bit like an insurance ad here on the TV at the moment...
    I thought of that to so i switched the complete exaust with another an still same thing ski is breaking up bad since i noticed the steam its alot like smoke but steam

+1
    possible inner cooler leaking water into the intake just a thought.

Thread Information