Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Yami 4 yr YES warranty for hull VXR ? (Should I buy?)

I'm considering buying 4 yr extended warranty for my VXR .... but my problem is the only issue I'm REALLY concerned about is the nano hull (both paint and durability), and then I read from others how Yamaha excludes this from warranty work.

Is it worth buying $600 warranty for a possible hull issue that Yamaha most likely going to deny coverage for anyway?

+1
    Maybe I'd be better off not getting extended warranty and just having full coverage insurance, for $600 I could buy 4 years worth of full coverage insurance and I'm betting hull failure would be MORE LIKELY to be covered under that policy than Yamaha warranty.

i got full coverage from progressive and asked if i was covered if i should happen to hit a submerged stump,rock,etc and sink it.....the answer was yes....i also asked about an act of God like hitting a jumping sturgeon....yup....jumping sturgeon from 20 to 200 pounds frequent the suwannee river in summer and love to jump....this is covered as well.....hope i never have to find out....in the meantime as an added protection i put on a keelguard and cant tell any difference in handling or top speed...i would definately get insurance as these are some expensive toys....and medical bills are crazy high should you get into an accident...

+1
    Extended warranties are a cash cow for dealerships. I think it is a total waste in most cases, especially on a NA 1800 Yamaha. I also don't buy products that I feel need an extended warranty (hence why I have a Yamaha).

You should always have insurance. If your choice is between the two... it's a no-brainer-insurance.

I wouldn't worry about the VXR Hull . . . short of you running into something (or something into you) you are not going to break it. Even if you ride it fast in rough water; the Ski will throw you off before you get to the point of damaging the hull . . .

The OEM Warranty is a good move. It will increase the value of the Ski should you ever sell it. And anyone that has blown up an engine on a modern day 4 stroke (like me) will also attest that it is good to have. JB

+1
    Ok, well... I appreciate the info. I hope I don't have to worry about hull... but I've been searching known issues and that seems be only major problem comes up on old threads. I currently have full insurance and I found the 4 yr extended warranty for $560 ... which seems like a decent deal, so I may end up doing BOTH .. lol

Thanks

Just ask yourself ......Can you afford a new motor if you spin a bearing snap rod that takes out the case's . ? Spead the $600 or what ever ...... me I will get every year I could of warranty 4 strokes especially yamaha's are not cheap sooner or later you will end up using it plus it is easier to sell a ski with a warranty

+1
    You definitely want both; insurance is a must to protect against legal issues and theft. These 4 strokes are normally very reliable, but they are complex engines, and when they break you can destroy a lot of parts (the parts alone cost a small fortune) and the warranty in my experience will save your azz big time if you ever need a rebuild, trust me it's a great value. As JB mentioned, it will also be a benefit if you decide to sell.

+1
    Ok... I appreciate the info. I'll get warranty and keep my ole' premium paid up.

My $.02.... Don't buy it. You own a Yamaha. Had one never needed it. Still don't. Save a Grand use the $ for insurance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information