Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

After Ride Sea-Doo Care

Another video in the "how to" series from 3ftDeep... NOT for the experienced rider!!

+1
    Great editing! Smooth, easy to follow video. Calming music, reminds me of waterworld sound track lol.

+1
    Thanks, Dude.

Nice video, when rising the engine compartment, do you take care to avoid the engine & components? Do you raise it up again with the tongue jack afterwards to drain the bilge?

ps. how does the MDX do as tow vehicle?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
    Nice video, when rising the engine compartment, do you take care to avoid the engine & components? Do you raise it up again with the tongue jack afterwards to drain the bilge?

ps. how does the MDX do as tow vehicle?
    I avoid the engine and electrical components when rinsing the engine. Although you can get them quite wet without any problems, if enough water gets on them there's going to be a problem. I don't always tilt it up, as it drains very well without doing so, but it is advised by Sea-Doo. Keep the seat cracked, or removed completely from the Sea-Doo to maximize drying.

The MDX is excellent at towing. Our 2008 model has a towing package that I would strongly recommend. We took the Sea-Doo, 2 bikes on a heavy rack, 3 passengers and packed the storage space with luggage and stuff, and the vehicle hardly noticed it. I highly recommend the vehicle for mechanical (and electrical) quality, but the interior quality is surprisingly poor, and I've had lots of pieces break or fail.

I've been pulling that skimpy plastic cover and dumping a bucket of soapy water in there for years and draining it with no problems. When it's dry I get out a can of XPS and spray everything down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    I've been pulling that skimpy plastic cover and dumping a bucket of soapy water in there for years and draining it with no problems. When it's dry I get out a can of XPS and spray everything down.
    Thanks, crueldude. Not sure what you mean by "that skimpy plastic cover", though. What model do you have, and which cover are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ftDeep View Post
    Thanks, crueldude. Not sure what you mean by "that skimpy plastic cover", though. What model do you have, and which cover are you referring to?
    The plastic cover over the engine. Many guys run without it but I'm paranoid. The seat allows some water in and since I ride the salt I keep it on to keep the engine clean.

The plastic cover over the engine. Many guys run without it but I'm paranoid. The seat allows some water in and since I ride the salt I keep it on to keep the engine clean.

Ever since the clips started to fail and it popped off pulling the dipstick with it I've ran without it. Hot oil all over the engine bay. Glad I just happened to randomly check inside my hull during a ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LucidX View Post
    Ever since the clips started to fail and it popped off pulling the dipstick with it I've ran without it. Hot oil all over the engine bay. Glad I just happened to randomly check inside my hull during a ride.
    I didn't know that could happen. I'm down to only one of the two clips! It'll be sad to part with it, though. It looks cool with it on. Thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information