Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hull Damage Yamaha 2006 FX HO x 2 skis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2006 FXHO Cruiser.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	337036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140710_203553.jpg 
Views:	860 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	337035I have had 2 2006 Yamaha FX HO waverunners that have developed holes in the hull. No impact to either waverunner during operation. We have an EZ-Port Max port that has always been difficult to get the ski off and into the water. Installers have checked and removed 2nd midline roller. Manufacturer reports they have NEVER seen this before. We had Yamaha dealer come out and make sure we were docking it correctly. Both waverunners inspected before we purchased without any antecedent hull damage. As you can hopefully see from the pictures, damage in both is mid-hull and in the midline. Has anyone else had this issue or problem? Any help appreciated. Thank you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
    EZ-Port Max port that has always been difficult to get the ski off and into the water...
    Yeah, that should have been your first clue there was a problem. Personally, I would not keep my skis on one of those things. The rollers can bind up and stop rotating, plus you are putting all the weight of that 4 stroke system on tiny little contact points which is not the same as having the weight spread out on a carpeted bunk. Hope you get it sorted out.

3. +1 by:

+1
    A damage like this would be caused if the whole weight of ski was on a piece of big rock and would rotate or tilt over the rock for a period of time. The hulls aren't as cheesy as the nanoxel crap they are making these days.

Older hulls are boat quality hull.

I made above example for you to understand how hard it is to make a hole like that...

If your hull sat on something with footprint as small as that area you have the damage,it still won't cause a failure like that. Whatever it was, it had to move and grind it little by little.

This was caused by the rollers. Did they ever seize up. Ive seen this happen on ones that locked up or ones that people liked to load the whole the whole family on the ski and then push them off the roller docks. That last goose you give the ski to make it push up on the dock is where this started to cave the bottom in. If you took a rolling pin and pushed it hard into your arm or leg over and over, your skin would get irritated, rough up and eventually start to shred...thats what happened to this. At the point of damamge in your hull you'll see there is little to no support behind the glass. That looks like the weakest point in the hull...Ive also seen this happen after someone ran a nice rock over too, but for what its worth...id say your fancy roller docks caused this...

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1
    Have been using Jet-docks (no rollers) for 20 years. Never had an issue.

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2006 FXHO Cruiser.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	337036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140710_203553.jpg 
Views:	860 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	337035I have had 2 2006 Yamaha FX HO waverunners that have developed holes in the hull. No impact to either waverunner during operation. We have an EZ-Port Max port that has always been difficult to get the ski off and into the water. Installers have checked and removed 2nd midline roller. Manufacturer reports they have NEVER seen this before. We had Yamaha dealer come out and make sure we were docking it correctly. Both waverunners inspected before we purchased without any antecedent hull damage. As you can hopefully see from the pictures, damage in both is mid-hull and in the midline. Has anyone else had this issue or problem? Any help appreciated. Thank you
    We have a new fx cruiser HO with just 15 hours on it. We just took it out of the water and the entire bottom paint is rubbing off. No direct hull damage yet. We have a new EZ port max. The ski appears to get stuck as we push it off on the 2nd roller from the stern. The roller is all chewed up. We tried multiple times to adjust the bottom and side rollers, but nothing made it easier to get off the dock and it would still get stuck. Even our older 2 seat yamaha gets stuck at the same point. Not sure what to do either. Thinking about calling both yamaha and EZ port to try to get some answers. The roller are not seized up either. On our older EZ port 2 the rollers appear more like rubber and the new rollers are harder and feel like a more plastic vs rubber material. Not sure if that is what is causing the problem?

Roller docks are the worst thing you can do to your ski. If you can remove the rollers all together and possily fill the voids in i i would. Otherwise, sell your good
    Condition docks and get the less expensive non roller dock....

+1
    My guess is that's the point where it shifts the weight and puts the most stress when rolling up.

I purchased an EZ Dock #3 floating lift for my new Yamaha FX SHO. After the first year I developed a hole in the hull right where the rollers met the hull. The Waverunner sank in the lake and the dealer thought the craft was totaled. Unfortunately the insurance company forced them to repair it. I traded it in for a new FX SHO.

Guess what!

My new Waverunner developed a hole in the hull right where the rollers touched the hull. I found the hole while it was sinking in the middle of the lake again.
    Again the insurance company repaired the craft.
    So now I'm checking the hull ever time I remove the PWC off the EZ Dock. After a few months the hull started breaking down again. I brought it back to the fiberglass repair company and he shows me the starboard and port side are breaking down.
    I had both sides of the hull repaired. And purchased a brand new Shore Station boat lift for my Waverunner.
    EZ Dock sent someone to look at the dock and said its not there problem.
    i would never purchase anything again from EZ Dock. Consequently I have retained an attorney

Obviously Ez docks are junk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information