2000 Polaris Genesis electrical issue, I think.....

I have a 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 with Fitch. I had issues with it three years ago and sent the EMM to DFI and it checked out ok. I then purchased a new CPS as that was the recommendation from the forum for my problem. I got the EMM back from DFI, got the new CPS, and it all just sat in my driveway for about to and a half years (yes, the cylinders were fogged) until I just got around to putting it back together. Now it is all back together, but nothing seems to work with the engine electronics. The display works and there is not red light, the battery has 12.2 volts (it is a one year old battery from one of my other skis). The bilge pump runs, but the forward/reverse switch doesn't run and nothing, and I mean NOTHING happens when I try to start it. No click no nothing, just dead silence. I checked the rest button, seems fine. I can turn the crank with my hand so it's not frozen. Any ideas?

+1
    Check the electrical connections on the starter solenoid. You can also bypass the solenoid with a screwdriver across the studs on the solenoid. That will provide direct power to the starter. You will know right away if you have a bad solenoid/starter.

My electrical connector was loose causing the start/stop button to have no effect when pushed.

If your solenoid has the metal base it may be bad. The newer all plastic solenoid is what you need.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilvert View Post
    I have a 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 with Ficht.

I had issues with it three years ago and sent the EMM to DFI and it checked out ok. I then purchased a new CPS as that was the recommendation from the forum for my problem. I got the EMM back from DFI, got the new CPS, and it all just sat in my driveway for about to and a half years (yes, the cylinders were fogged) until I just got around to putting it back together.

Now it is all back together, but nothing seems to work with the engine electronics. The display works and there is no red light, the battery has 12.2 volts (it is a one year old battery from one of my other skis). The bilge pump runs, but the forward/reverse switch doesn't run and nothing, and I mean NOTHING happens when I try to start it. No click no nothing, just dead silence.

I checked the rest button, seems fine. I can turn the crank with my hand so it's not frozen. Any ideas?
    Press a button on the display to wake it up. Wait a few seconds until the display settles down. Lanyard in place, press Start. Does the MFI display say Locked when you press the Start button?

Thread Information