Speedster Starts and Then Dies

I have an '06 Speedster Wake with twin 215's. I recently replaced the fuel tank so the engines had to be pulled. Everything went back together smoothly. It starts fine, idles at about 2K, and then runs rough & dies. I can rev it some but it dies. It ran perfect before. Only change while it was apart was new wear rings. Please help.

Forgot to add that both engines do the same thing. Thanks.

Checked the fuel pressure and it primes to 58 and then slowly drops off to 20 or so until it dies. I can hold down the start buttons and hear the pumps running. Fuel pressure stays at a steady 58 as long as the button(s) are held. Anything about removing and replacing the pumps from one tank to another that would cause this or are the pumps and/or regulators bad? Weird that they were fine before and now both of them are out.

+1
    Sounds electrical as the fuel pumps should stay running after it starts. Your psi drop is the built-in timer when to push the start button.

Sorry, wasn't clear enough. If I start the engine, it will drop from 58 to 20 and then the engine dies.

+1
    Yes it sounds like the fuel pumps are timing out.

+1
    I had a 2005 seadoo speedster wake and had similler situation check under your rear seats remove storage plastic behind drivers side and near the battery there is fuse boxes location.check all engine fuses are in good working condition they tend to get loose or burned and if bad connections change fuse holders and mine that went bad were the fuse 30 amps.I changed both.You can check them with a good light tester

Fixed! I swapped out one of the pumps for one I had lying around that went to a Mustang. It was considerably quieter than the factory. I noticed that after the engine that had the swapped pump would die, I could hear the other pump running. Then it dawned on me. I had the pumps plugged into the wrong harness. Fuel line #1 was hooked to pump #2 and vice versa. I swapped the plugs and all was good so basically, I'm an idiot and spent almost two weeks chasing this. I had installed fuel lines and pump harnesses as they layed out instead of making sure #1 fuel line & #1 pump harness was with engine #1 and so on. Thanks everyone for their help

+1
    It happens 2 all of us but awesome that boat iz bad ass i enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDumbRedneck View Post
    Fixed! I swapped out one of the pumps for one I had lying around that went to a Mustang. It was considerably quieter than the factory. I noticed that after the engine that had the swapped pump would die, I could hear the other pump running. Then it dawned on me. I had the pumps plugged into the wrong harness. Fuel line #1 was hooked to pump #2 and vice versa. I swapped the plugs and all was good so basically, I'm an idiot and spent almost two weeks chasing this. I had installed fuel lines and pump harnesses as they layed out instead of making sure #1 fuel line & #1 pump harness was with engine #1 and so on. Thanks everyone for their help
    Been there just a few weeks back. Made a simple mistake in my mind and never even went back to think it through. Mine was worse - I'm too embarrased to even start to tell you what I did, but even my two year old son wouldn't make my misktake - so it happens.

Great you got it sorted.

Reminds me of a story I heard about a girl checking her oil. She popped the hood, took the oil filler cap off, pulled out the dipstick and plunged it deep into the oil filler neck. Pulled it out and said " looks fine to me" and put it back in the dipstick hole!! She thought that the dipstick just sat in a dipstick holder!

Thread Information