Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adding Additional Mirrors To 2008 RXT

Has anyone mounted additional mirrors to a SeaDoo? I have a 2008 RXT and have found that it is very difficult to use the stock mirrors to see my son wakeboard behind the SeaDoo. I was thinking about adding some additional strap on or bolt on mirrors.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

+1
    I believe you need another person on your ski to watch the wakeboarder/skier. Should check your state regs. I'm from MA and we can't tow anyone behind any ski

+1
    come on do you really need a mirror to know if you have lost your tow?
    does not surprise me about MA laws
    people that have never rode or towed make the laws...lol
    MI stupid law says no PWC use after sunset or before dawn, even if you have lights....wtf

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    MI stupid law says no PWC use after sunset or before dawn, even if you have lights....wtf
    That is almost every state....And why would you want to operate a PWC at night??? Arent people dumb and dangerous enough when it is daylight??? Come one man.....Be serious.....

5. +1 by:

+1
    I rode through brisbane at night with the turbo's what an experience riding in a moonlit river with a group of friends
    And regarding additional mirror.
    A little ccd camera under rear grab handle and a 4inch bright lcd screeen with a shroud helps towing alot. This can be tied up to your handlebars on suctioned cup to hood

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post

That is almost every state....And why would you want to operate a PWC at night??? Arent people dumb and dangerous enough when it is daylight??? Come one man.....Be serious.....

Towing a toy is a reason for a three seater. Driver, spotter sitting turned around watching the tow and the toy rider.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Towing a toy is a reason for a three seater. Driver, spotter sitting turned around watching the tow and the toy rider.
    Exactly...and for the spotter to be the flag person as well. Sounds like he needs to add another person instead of adding mirrors. lol

Need Mirror Advice Not Alternatives

Yes, it is obvious that a spotter is the optimal solution, and we do usually have a spotter, however nothing substitutes driver's eyes on to see when to pull starboard or port. Anyone out there ever actually pulled a wakeboard? Even when having a spotter.... mirrors that would actually cover a wider field of view would be much better than stock.
    So enough of your LOLs and Needing to check state laws, would appreciate some serious replys.
    Thanks!

+1
    in Aussie land you can only tow on a 3 seater .... you could try some elcheapo plastic fold away mirrors with convex lenses and fit them to your handle bars , take them off when not needed...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CotacaCreekRXTX View Post
    Yes, it is obvious that a spotter is the optimal solution, and we do usually have a spotter, however nothing substitutes driver's eyes on to see when to pull starboard or port. Anyone out there ever actually pulled a wakeboard? Even when having a spotter.... mirrors that would actually cover a wider field of view would be much better than stock.
    So enough of your LOLs and Needing to check state laws, would appreciate some serious replys.
    Thanks!

seriously, a fish eye lens camera gives you a wide view.. hooked up to a LCD screen on your handle bars!!!!!
    If i had the final item to finish off my turbo (wake pole) the ski would be complete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information