SLT 780 Jetpump Question. What other model/year jetpumps will fit?

Hey guys, Im new to this forum and have been lurking for a while now and finally signed up.

I have a 1997 slt 780 that is missing all of the jetpump. What other models and years jetpumps will work with my ski?

I've read that my ski has the extended jetpump, so what other models have the extended jetpump that will work and bolt right into place?

Also, will the shorter jetpump work? If it will, what are the drawbacks of using the shorter pump? what models had the shorter pump that will work?

Thanks, I've searched and found bits and pieces, but no direct complete answer.

Hopefully, this thread can prove useful for future users and lurkers seeking the same questions.

I also need a complete jetpump for my ski if anyone has one for sale with all hardware.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Only the 1992 and 1993 650/750 and the Octane models will NOT work for you.

In 1994 Polaris went with a modular pump set up. Meaning the pump was made up of sperate pieces that are easily changeable, and will interchange with almost the entire Polaris line up.

So in theory, any jet pump from a 1994 and newer (except the Octane stand up) will fit your ski.

The short pump came out first and uses a shorter driveshaft, cooling tube, bolts, and steering cable. Then the long pump came out. Which is the short pump, but with the addition of a 4" wear ring, and longer supporting hardware.

Wetwolf does a good job explaining the difference between the 2 pumps here. http://www.wetwolf.com/pol/

With that being said, I have the parts needed to make you a pump, but I don't have an impeller for you. Unless you have some engine mods done that boost performance. It's a re-pitched 15/21 impeller I have. If your ski is stock, you would want a 15/20 Skat Trak swirl

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Only the 1992 and 1993 650/750 and the Octane models will NOT work for you.

In 1994 Polaris went with a modular pump set up. Meaning the pump was made up of sperate pieces that are easily changeable, and will interchange with almost the entire Polaris line up.

So in theory, any jet pump from a 1994 and newer (except the Octane stand up) will fit your ski.

The short pump came out first and uses a shorter driveshaft, cooling tube, bolts, and steering cable. Then the long pump came out. Which is the short pump, but with the addition of a 4" wear ring, and longer supporting hardware.

Wetwolf does a good job explaining the difference between the 2 pumps here. http://www.wetwolf.com/pol/

With that being said, I have the parts needed to make you a pump, but I don't have an impeller for you. Unless you have some engine mods done that boost performance. It's a re-pitched 15/21 impeller I have. If your ski is stock, you would want a 15/20 Skat Trak swirl

Great information!!

Do you know what models included the longer pump?

Also PM me, as i need a price for the pump you have?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Most of them used the long pump. Probably easier to list the ones that had the short.

Thread Information