Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

75 mph RXT, NO ecu, NO B-kit

Yup i'm at it again. Took the RXT out today since i've been dying to test the new mods. Air temps were in the low 80s water temps in the low 60s. The new mods were, Riva stage 3 SC, 42lb injectors, intercooler, thru hull, RE block offs, 2 degree wedge, and a tweaked 14/19. First of all the accelleration on this thing is sick. I'm also very pleased with the wedge and RE block off combination as far as handling and tracking go. I also lost the porposing. I only GPSed twice since i was all over the rev limiter and figured it was pretty pointless. I got 71.3mph at 8200 rpms and around 1/2 to 2/3 throttle while sitting up. With the improved power and the wedge i'm going to have to learn how to launch all over again since it cavitates and hits the rev limiter while launching out of the water 3 or 4 times out of the hole. So i ask you, what do you think? Should i try to go for a new goal of 75mph with no ecu, b-kit, or rude charger? I think i might. Hmmmm... time to look for a new prop.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    With the improved power and the wedge i'm going to have to learn how to launch all over again since it cavitates and hits the rev limiter while launching out of the water 3 or 4 times out of the hole. So i ask you, what do you think? Should i try to go for a new goal of 75mph with no ecu, b-kit, or rude charger? I think i might. Hmmmm... time to look for a new prop.
    Try this trick, there is a 13mm bolt underneah your RXT steering nozzle that hold a plastic bushing, remove this bolt and flip the bushing to the other side, this trick will help to keep your ski planted to the water from a dead stop but if you INSIST to keep the wedge this issue would not be solve 100%, another trick is to remove the oem plastic bushing and make a custom made one with the hole in the center, this job can be done by any machine shop from your area, this is the one that i am using in my 74 MPH + RXT with great succes, ok, now to try to break 75 MPH with no ECU you may want to try a solas 15/20R tweaked for max rpm's in your case to 8150 rpm's with your stock oem ECU, i have the prop that you need in my garage already installed in a spare pump with a brand new wear ring and bearings and another prop made by Impros, a 14/19 repitched to 14/20, i am sure that any of this two props will give you more top end speed than the one you are using in your set-up, good luck

Ray

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Yup i'm at it again. Took the RXT out today since i've been dying to test the new mods. Air temps were in the low 80s water temps in the low 60s. The new mods were, Riva stage 3 SC, 42lb injectors, intercooler, thru hull, RE block offs, 2 degree wedge, and a tweaked 14/19. First of all the accelleration on this thing is sick. I'm also very pleased with the wedge and RE block off combination as far as handling and tracking go. I also lost the porposing. I only GPSed twice since i was all over the rev limiter and figured it was pretty pointless. I got 71.3mph at 8200 rpms and around 1/2 to 2/3 throttle while sitting up. With the improved power and the wedge i'm going to have to learn how to launch all over again since it cavitates and hits the rev limiter while launching out of the water 3 or 4 times out of the hole. So i ask you, what do you think? Should i try to go for a new goal of 75mph with no ecu, b-kit, or rude charger? I think i might. Hmmmm... time to look for a new prop.

you need to pitch that prop ATLEAST 2mm, it will take care of that holeshot issue and give you about 3-4 topend...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    you need to pitch that prop ATLEAST 2mm, it will take care of that holeshot issue and give you about 3-4 topend...
    3 to 4 huh?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    3 to 4 huh?
    yea, wanna bet a pizza?

yea, wanna bet a pizza?
    I will bet you RXP's

Banned User
    +1
    I will bet you RXP's
    nah, pizza is my speed...I just got back from the gym and I'm starving...

Put your money where your mouth is, or dont talk out your arse

Banned User
    +1
    Put your money where your mouth is, or dont talk out your arse

huh? unless I misunderstood what is happening....

I thought that he is cavitating out of the hole. My take is because the prop still needs to be pitched...If its too short, he's banging off that limiter. If it were taller he'd not cavitate as much, and a decent gain on the top end would occur...

IMO his freebie mods are taking full advantage of the IC setup, which is an ideal situation for those parts...

He's got the power to turn a taller prop...Its a matter of getting his one there, or swapping out...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    ... pitch that prop AT LEAST 2mm, it will give you about 3-4 topend...
    A heavy work out and lack of pizza makes me delirious also

Hey Danny... did the IC arrive OK?

Jeff

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information