Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I think it's time to sell my kawi 300x for a Yamaha. need opinion!

So I've recently blown a kawi ultra 260 super charger and now my 2013 kawasaki ultra 300x supercharger with only 37 hours. I'm tired of always being scared something is going to break. Both of my skis had full riva racing kits on them. I think it's time to sell my 2013 300x after I fix it for a yammi. I have a dealer that has a 2013 fx sho and a fzs. I plan on buying a stage 1 or possibly 2 kit. Which ski would be best for reliability and would you go with r&d or riva racing? Any other tips or opinions would be nice too. Is there anyone else who has made this switch and can tell me the pros/cons. Thanks for the help!

Fx would be closest in comparison to your 300x since the fx is great in the chop. If you don't ride in ocean get the FZR. Riva and R&D both sell great parts

+1
    FZ!!

Lake Lion
    +1
    I bet you can get an FX SVHO for the same price.

You need the 2014 with the new engine, not a slow 2013

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mruss View Post
    So I've recently blown a kawi ultra 260 super charger and now my 2013 kawasaki ultra 300x supercharger with only 37 hours. I'm tired of always being scared something is going to break. Both of my skis had full riva racing kits on them. I think it's time to sell my 2013 300x after I fix it for a yammi. I have a dealer that has a 2013 fx sho and a fzs. I plan on buying a stage 1 or possibly 2 kit. Which ski would be best for reliability and would you go with r&d or riva racing? Any other tips or opinions would be nice too. Is there anyone else who has made this switch and can tell me the pros/cons. Thanks for the help!
    Hmmm, I only know of 2 failures on the Eaton SC for the 300. Are you sure you blew your super charger as you stated? Good luck.

+1
    I'm one who switched from Yamaha to Sea-Doo for reliability reasons. My point is that it's not easy to find a "reliable" supercharged PWC. If you search a little on this forum you will find many cases of failures on new Yamahas.

+1
    [QUOTE=pro1200;2430946]
    Sea Doo is notorious for SC failures, intercoolers leaking, and many of you have a hard time keeping those things afloat (damn carbon seals)

Here's a sea doo that blew up over the weekend

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221232

Blown oil cooler with oil in the anti-freeze

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221229

I am not saying Yamaha is perfect but you cannot compare the reliability of a sea doo to a yamaha. Yami has their clutch failures but the SC is pretty damn good and does not have to be rebuilt like your precious sea doo.

To the OP the FX is the way to go and won 2nd place in the PWCOFFSHORE competition. I must say the Eaton SC are hard to kill. I am surprised you had an issue. Sorry about your loss.

+1
    Anarchy just traded in his 300x and went 2014 rxtx . I tried talking him into 2014 fx-svho but no luck. So he will have to learn the hard way ....

10. +1 by:

That is what I've been told time and time again. I love my 300 because I ride offshore 90% of the time and it handles the chop extremely well. It is displaying the exact same signs that my 260x did when its sc blew. Won't go past a single bar of boost, rev out past 3.5k without retarding the motor back down and no codes thrown. The sc was serviced 8 hours prior to failure. I crushed a few huge wakes from some 40ft yacht's and when I came down it immediately lost all power. It is under warranty and will be covered but I just lost all faith in kawi... We'll see what the dealership says after they take it apart. I did find FX SVHO for 12880 actually.... With the r&d stage 1 kit I think I might just make the switch has anyone rode that setup?! Thanks for all your feedback guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Hmmm, I only know of 2 failures on the Eaton SC for the 300. Are you sure you blew your super charger as you stated? Good luck.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information